Front seat rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeinaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum and have a new 17 Tahoe Premier. I searched the 'interior' forum here and didn't turn up any similar results so thought I would post here. There is an almost constant rattle from the front passenger seat, appears to be coming from under the seat or around the area where the back and seat meet. The rattle sounds almost like a key on a keyboard being tapped quickly. A fast tapping sound.

When someone is in the seat it does not make the noise. The dealer replaced the lower seat frame and it did nothing. Today they 'insulated' the bottom of the tracks and bolts and it does it, maybe a bit less. Of course when the service manager got in and rode w/ me, it barely did it and I think he was hard of hearing and could not hear it when it did do it. I pulled the back of the seat off and tried to isolate it but its not in the back, underneath for sure. When I pull forward on the back of the seat while driving, it stops. Any suggestions or anyone had this issue? Dealer has put 120 miles on my car in 4 visits and its still not fixed so needless to say I am frustrated! Thanks in advance.

Colin S

Reaction score
I have this exact same issue on my 15 LT. Need a solution ASAP bc it's driving me nuts.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just realized doesn't happen when you have a passenger in the truck

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I know this won't help much but put a blow up doll in the passenger seat. It will also give you access to the HOV lane. Sorry I know I'm a wise ass.

Since it is obviously still in warranty I would be reluctant to do any repairs myself. However maybe have someone drive the vehicle while you lay on the floor with a flashlight and stethoscope and try to pinpoint the noise. It may very well be something real simple to fix.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its a pain but I would just keep going back to the Dealer and explain your not happy and the seat is defective and if you have to Order a new seat but I want it fixed.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like your saying when there is weight on it it stops or when you pull on it it stops, correct? That brings me to the hinge mechanism/s that lets it recline... pull off plastics and look on each side...

duke90

Reaction score
Had this issue as well in my 17 XL Denali. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the lower seat frame, haven't had the issue since.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this won't help much but put a blow up doll in the passenger seat. It will also give you access to the HOV lane. Sorry I know I'm a wise ass.

Since it is obviously still in warranty I would be reluctant to do any repairs myself. However maybe have someone drive the vehicle while you lay on the floor with a flashlight and stethoscope and try to pinpoint the noise. It may very well be something real simple to fix.
Nothing is ever simple on these trucks.

Nicole Hand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
following - I have the same issue on my 17 yukon denali. it's making me want to run the darn thing off a cliff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh