Front fender to ground measurement before and after spindle drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WIFFLEHOUSE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
McGaughy’s duped me, them bastards. Only got 1 3/4” drop on what they’re calling a 2” drop spindle. Heads are gonna roll for this

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed belltech 2" drop spindles got 1.5" drop on 2015 2wd yukon.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McGaughy’s duped me, them bastards. Only got 1 3/4” drop on what they’re calling a 2” drop spindle. Heads are gonna roll for this

Just installed belltech 2" drop spindles got 1.5" drop on 2015 2wd yukon.

Bear with me here fellas... this lowering stuff is all new to me. I have never been around it before, so I am learning here. I have been around lifted stuff for a long time, and I am no dummy to lifts or suspension systems in general. But, a drop spindle is essentially a complete new spindle which raises the tire mounting location up in comparison to the tire mounting location on the factory spindle, correct? If so, how could it be at all possible for a "2" drop spindle" to not lower the front of the vehicle 2"?

A few thoughts come to mind...

Apparently they are not 2" drop spindles? Did you compare the new spindles with the factory ones? If the bearing mounting location was 2" higher up, then the front of the vehicle lowered 2"... there is just no way around that. Maybe they are not true 2" drop spindles?

Or maybe measurements were taken inconsistently. Where was the vehicle when you took the before measurements? Was it in the exact same location when the after measurements were taken? Same wheel/tire combo? Tires at the same pressure? Inconsistencies in stuff like that will sway the readings. If the ground is not perfectly level/flat when either of the measurements were taken, or the tire pressures are different or tire size is different, the results will certainly very slightly.

Also, what location of the vehicle was the measurement taken? If the measurement was not taken directly vertical with the front tires, then the comparison measurement is a complete moot point. The only part of the vehicle lowering exactly 2" would be directly above the tire.

Just thinking out loud here guys. Trying to grasp all of this. For the life of me I can not understand how a 2" drop spindle could not lower the front of the vehicle 2".

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WIFFLEHOUSE, have you posted any pics of your rig with that 2/3 setup? I would love to see some :waytogo:

OP
OP
R

roccos_van

Reaction score
WIFFLEHOUSE, have you posted any pics of your rig with that 2/3 setup? I would love to see some :waytogo:

I will try to measure when I lower the truck. I have a feeling that they are close to 2 inch drop spindles but probably not exactly 2 inches so the manufacturer is just saying that for simplicity's sake

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to measure when I lower the truck. I have a feeling that they are close to 2 inch drop spindles but probably not exactly 2 inches so the manufacturer is just seeing that for simplicity's sake

Thanks, I am real curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026