Front fan not working (HVAC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3l

The front HVAC does not work but the rear does. The front doesn't blow or anything, but the back does. It doesn't matter if the air or heat are on or if it is on recirculate, Nothing happens. I just replaced the blower motor resistor with a new acdelco part number 15-81638 (GM 13598099) and that did nothing. Is a fuse or something to check, or what could it be?

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness is melted (15-75221). The one with the purple and black wires. I hooked the blower motor up to a 12v power supply and it spins, but I don't think that it spins fast enough.

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF I replace the blower motor and harness should I replace the resistor too? Or assume it is ok?

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback, info, and replies..... lol. Wonderful support

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you already replaced it so I think you'd be good to go by leaving it. Now what caused it to melt? If you know someone with a Tech2, they can see which codes it threw and possibly look into other problems.

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced it thinking that was the problem, but then saw the melted harness. So I bought a new harness and blower motor, not knowing exactly what caused it. I hooked up the motor to a 12v power supply and it spun, but not that fast. So I was just wondering if I should replace it all or try and get some money back on the resistor. I will just replace it all because I don’t know the cause and would rather not spend another $90+ on a new blower motor if the $25 resistor was bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts