Front end parts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
How are you able to affix the 1/2" spacer between the jounce and the mounting point? On the 4wd Tahoe's I've seen the jounce bumper is just pinched in place in the permanently welded in place mount cup.

I never spaced mine out from mount but did something like this guy where its a bump stop added to lower arms so they touch. I can't seem to find the picture of the guy who used box tubing then drilled a hole in it to mount to upper side of jounce stop. I will keep searching but this is an option.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/lift-or-level-kit.80825/
58284-30f6e9cf4c6342e2e1b1b30a40d3a43c.jpg

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you 01Konvict, that is a good way to solve the issue that I hadn't thought of. I'd be interested to see the box tubing spacer deal.....reason being, it appears from when I had my jounce bumper out that the mount is permanently welded in place, so I'm not sure how he'd ad a piece of tubing to space the mount down. Thanks again for the pic and description. Did you feel an improvement in ride quality after adding that bump to the lower arm?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thank you 01Konvict, that is a good way to solve the issue that I hadn't thought of. I'd be interested to see the box tubing spacer deal.....reason being, it appears from when I had my jounce bumper out that the mount is permanently welded in place, so I'm not sure how he'd ad a piece of tubing to space the mount down. Thanks again for the pic and description. Did you feel an improvement in ride quality after adding that bump to the lower arm?

Yes it was noticeable with braking and stopping the nose diving. I think the guy cut the regular circle mounts off then added box tubing with a bolt through the jounce stop into tubing into base metal. I prefer this solution of adding a bump stop on lower arm so you can easily replace jounce stops when worn without major work. I would do what he did and see how you like it. Can always get a taller bump stop depends on current gap between arm and jounce.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got my new Z-71 jounce stops, now hopefully the small gap that I still have will be filled. It didn't quite put them in contact by adding the 1" spacers to the LCA. What's the best way to get the new ones in? bb7b2efe0f94b07afbd1a0ebe9b6026a.jpg9f662ee2683f3ac3d6548754e0c16784.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep