Front end parts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Well it starts at 60 and gets worse from there. Feels like my tires are bouncing off the road like basketballs. There is a little cupping and one tire is out of round and I've got it on the rear. I don't rotate them for that reason. With that tire on the front, you can't hardly drive it. So I know tires will definitely help. And as far as location it's the whole front end

That sounds like its all tires and balancing. What brand and condition are the tires? What wheels are you running?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it starts at 60 and gets worse from there. Feels like my tires are bouncing off the road like basketballs. There is a little cupping and one tire is out of round and I've got it on the rear. I don't rotate them for that reason. With that tire on the front, you can't hardly drive it. So I know tires will definitely help. And as far as location it's the whole front end

OIC that is different than what I was thinking. Tires can make a big difference.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
20x12 moto metal 962 with 33x12.50 federals

Where the wheels new or used? I doubt one is bent but possible however you would feel that at a lower speed around 35-40 mph. The 60+ vibration is all balancing. Sorry to be mean but federals are on the cheaper end of tires and require more balancing to get smooth. Did you get a shop with a road force balancer and how much tread is left on the tires?

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Where the wheels new or used? I doubt one is bent but possible however you would feel that at a lower speed around 35-40 mph. The 60+ vibration is all balancing. Sorry to be mean but federals are on the cheaper end of tires and require more balancing to get smooth. Did you get a shop with a road force balancer and how much tread is left on the tires?
Not being mean at all I know federals are. I bought the truck just over 2 years ago and it had the Cali lean so I added spacers in the rear. Other than that bought it how it sits. I've taken it to rimz one multiple times and they get it balanced as good as they can on their road force balancer from what they tell me. Tires have about 25% left. That's why I'm getting tires as soon as I can. Toyos and nittos are not cheap but I may not have a choice. I'm ready for a smooth ride lol

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Not being mean at all I know federals are. I bought the truck just over 2 years ago and it had the Cali lean so I added spacers in the rear. Other than that bought it how it sits. I've taken it to rimz one multiple times and they get it balanced as good as they can on their road force balancer from what they tell me. Tires have about 25% left. That's why I'm getting tires as soon as I can. Toyos and nittos are not cheap but I may not have a choice. I'm ready for a smooth ride lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's all tires. Can you get a print out from the tire balancing? They should have a before and after option or at least write it down. I'm sure there counterbalanced on the inside of that x12. That kinda hurts the true balance when not on the outside lip. Heard beads in the tire help to balance them but haven't tried it. I got nitto and there quiet plus smooth. I would ditch tires as soon as possible and go for toyo r/t or nitto ridge.

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's all tires. Can you get a print out from the tire balancing? They should have a before and after option or at least write it down. I'm sure there counterbalanced on the inside of that x12. That kinda hurts the true balance when not on the outside lip. Heard beads in the tire help to balance them but haven't tried it. I got nitto and there quiet plus smooth. I would ditch tires as soon as possible and go for toyo r/t or nitto ridge.
Yea the guy that does all the mechanic for the company I work for does my personal work as well and he has something in the past about the beads but didn't have any in stock and we both forgot about it. I'm probably going to go with trail grapplers is what I'm thinking. And as far as my jounce stops are concerned, how do I space them out? Can those spacers be bought or made then welded on and drilled so the jounce can be installed?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yea the guy that does all the mechanic for the company I work for does my personal work as well and he has something in the past about the beads but didn't have any in stock and we both forgot about it. I'm probably going to go with trail grapplers is what I'm thinking. And as far as my jounce stops are concerned, how do I space them out? Can those spacers be bought or made then welded on and drilled so the jounce can be installed?

Yeah might want to order a bottle of beads to help. As far as nitto those tires are more mud but quite enough. I prefer a little more quiet tread design. As far as stops think people have used large flat washers with longer bolt others have used box tubing.

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Yeah might want to order a bottle of beads to help. As far as nitto those tires are more mud but quite enough. I prefer a little more quiet tread design. As far as stops think people have used large flat washers with longer bolt others have used box tubing.
Ok I'll look when I get back in town and see what I can do. Thank you for all your help and info

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Kanati trail hogs, mix between mud and all terrain and they have a pretty smooth ride and not much noise for an aggressive tread, I got 33s and all 4 tires cost 700