Front end parts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustinh

Reaction score
My 02 tahoe is 4x4 non z71 and leveled and I'm looking at New idler/pitman arms. I've seen on here that almost everyone has had trouble out the moot hd units. So I'm looking at AC delco professional. My question is if I get the delcos would I need or y'all recommend the cognito braces? I have a bad vibration I'm trying to correct and getting new tires soon plus changing out the stock shocks with bilsteins and need info on idler/pitman arm.

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use whatever oem fit party you can find, may as well rebuild all steering components while you're at it. Not too hard and only costs a few hundred for all of the pieces. Then add shocks, get alignment, hopefully all wobbles go away.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Just get moog idler pitman and shocks. Check tires for vibration
01konvict so no problems out of the moogs? And even tho I'm lifted a little are my jounce stops supposed to be touching my lca's? They are not as of now

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes Moog is good stuff and no issues with them. Part of cranking up keys creates a gap between LCA and jounce so get a 1/2" spacer between jounce and mounting point so there closer to LCAs. How much gap do you have now between them?

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Yes Moog is good stuff and no issues with them. Part of cranking up keys creates a gap between LCA and jounce so get a 1/2" spacer between jounce and mounting point so there closer to LCAs. How much gap do you have now between them?
I didn't measure but I've got at least an inch between them. You think that could have anything to do with the vibration?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I didn't measure but I've got at least an inch between them. You think that could have anything to do with the vibration?

Doubt it, that is most likely tires or driveline causing vibrations. Minimal vibrations can help to be eliminated with good shocks. Give me more info on vibrations such as what speed and rpm to speed, constant or increasing frequency, rough location as front right or rear left, tire wear any cupping, wheel condition.

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Doubt it, that is most likely tires or driveline causing vibrations. Minimal vibrations can help to be eliminated with good shocks. Give me more info on vibrations such as what speed and rpm to speed, constant or increasing frequency, rough location as front right or rear left, tire wear any cupping, wheel condition.
Well it starts at 60 and gets worse from there. Feels like my tires are bouncing off the road like basketballs. There is a little cupping and one tire is out of round and I've got it on the rear. I don't rotate them for that reason. With that tire on the front, you can't hardly drive it. So I know tires will definitely help. And as far as location it's the whole front end

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the moog HD and cognito brackets and everything is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518