Front End Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bearing noise. If the frequency of the woo woo woo's gets fast with vehicle speed and not rpm, then it's not engine related. It will be a bearing that is from the output shaft to the wheels.

Try swerving left to right and listen for the intensity of the woo woo woo lol to change. Swerve left and it goes away or softens its he right bearing vise versa. If it doesn't change, it'll be something in the rear. Output shaft bearing pinion bearing rear axle bearings etc.
I will try the swerving thing. If by frequency you mean how often then it does change. It does change with speed, but it does not really get any louder. It is also not similar to the noises that a mud tire makes (the faster you drive, the higher the pitch is). It is just as loud at 20 as it is at 60. The pitch never changes, but the woo woo noise gets faster the faster I drive...

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Then it's definitely rotational. A bad hub/bearing assembly can make some whacked out noises, for sure. My last one screamed like a banshee on and off with no rhyme or reason.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was your carrier bearing(s) you would know it brother. It would throw off the backlash of your pinion and ring gears and every where you went you would think there was a fire truck following you lol.

And that lil woo woo woo of a wheel bearing ain't what I'm referring to either.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After weaving all over the road yesterday, I found that the noise goes away if I swerve to the left. New wheel bearings it is!

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timken for sure. Also, at Rock auto they are cheaper than those by $5, plus there is a 5%off code in the vendor section.
I am going to be ordering them in the next few days and putting them on next week. Next step will be finding my oil leak lol

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, RH wheel bearing is the culprit! And Timken is hands down first choice for bearings.

Keep us updated man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87