front driveshaft angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukc22

Reaction score
So it seems that my front drive shaft may have too much angle on it... I will probably take out a leaf in the front (sas) since it has a little rake... But I am also wondering if I can/should clock the t-case... Any ideas on that??

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clocking the transfer case is a lot of work...for what benefit?
Are you having driveline vibrations you've isolated to the front?
Are you chewing through driveshaft u joints?
You have to measure your angles on the xfer case and the pinion of the front dana 44/60/10 bolt whatever is in front. If those angles are more than 1-2 degrees off from each other, the easiest fix is a double cardan driveshaft (CV shaft). It has an extra joint in the shaft that will accommodate the angulation between the two spinning pieces of metal.
Some would suggest shims for the front axle as well. Then you run the risk of ruining your castor on the front axle.
Seems to me in my admittedly limited knowledge of this stuff, that a CV shaft would be the easiest fix...granted I don't know what problem you're experiencing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts