Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacon612

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2014 suburban that has a dash cover glued on with silicone. The truck is CPO and I've contacted Chevrolet customer service to see if they will replace the dash that's under this dash cover. I agree with an earlier post that I too think it looks kinda cheesy. I'm coming out of a 15 year relationship with a Denali that had 325,000 miles on it and I'm sad that my new (used truck) has a dash cover and a bumper to bumper warranty. Do you NNBS guys out there think I should just leave it alone and enjoy my cheesy crackless cover knowing it won't crack or chance a replacement?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2014 suburban that has a dash cover glued on with silicone. The truck is CPO and I've contacted Chevrolet customer service to see if they will replace the dash that's under this dash cover. I agree with an earlier post that I too think it looks kinda cheesy. I'm coming out of a 15 year relationship with a Denali that had 325,000 miles on it and I'm sad that my new (used truck) has a dash cover and a bumper to bumper warranty. Do you NNBS guys out there think I should just leave it alone and enjoy my cheesy crackless cover knowing it won't crack or chance a replacement?

I doubt they’ll do anything for you but if you could get them to go 1/2’s with you I’d def do it. My 2 cents

Edit: i would do it myself to be honest, make them pay gor the part though.

bacon612

Reaction score
I doubt they’ll do anything for you but if you could get them to go 1/2’s with you I’d def do it. My 2 cents

Edit: i would do it myself to be honest, make them pay gor the part though.
Thanks for the input. I'm going to try. The two reps I've spoken with at Chev customer care (although foreign and difficult to communicate with) seem to think that 'trim' is covered under my warranty. A rep and a manager at a dealership took a look at the dash cover yesterday and said that 'trim' isn't covered under CPO warranties. We'll see. I'm playing the game.

DDaniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Paid $518 at GMC dealer for repair. Approximately 50% off of parts and labor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DDaniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you get 50% off?
First, I called GM to report that my dash cracked for no apparent reason. GM customer advisor asked to go to a local dealership and have someone take a look at my dash. I went to the dealer and asked to speak with the service manager. He took a look at my dash and asked me, "How did the damage occur?" Simply told him that this a cheap product in an expensive vehicle. He didn't deny it, in fact he giggled. He took some pictures and forwarded to GM for a claim. Service manager called me the following day and told me that GM will pay half and I would be responsible for the remaining balance. I believe my situation was based on the dealership is aware of this on going problem and just helped me out the best way they could.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin at the DashSkin version of it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic