Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
one thing for sure with all this plastic crap in these trucks they will be in the junkyard forty years from now we will have no memories of them. I purchased from my neighbor 27 years ago a longbed 69 CST C-10 it's still in one piece. It had the original paint up until 10 years ago. These new ones won't see 25 years. just my 2 cents

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing for sure with all this plastic crap in these trucks they will be in the junkyard forty years from now we will have no memories of them. I purchased from my neighbor 27 years ago a longbed 69 CST C-10 it's still in one piece. It had the original paint up until 10 years ago. These new ones won't see 25 years. just my 2 cents

You are absolutely right, my kids will NEVER have the pleasure of walking thru a junkyard to find the maroon A pillar trim for my 79 monte carlo because the one i had had a scratch on it......i will never forget being able to walk thru a junkyard and pick whatever part I want 20+ years ago. There may be areas in the country or even my state that you can still do it but not near me now....

Super Kevin

Reaction score

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have talked to two dealers here in Raleigh and both had 0 interest in working with me on replacing the cracked dashboard at a discounted price.

Dealer 1 Estimate: $1050
Dealer 2 Estimate: $950

I usually just check the site out as a guest, but I see you're in Raleigh.

If you don't mind a ~1hr drive, contact Southern Pines Chevy in Southern Pines NC. They replaced the dash on my 2010 LTZ in 2015 and were really awesome to work with (I think it was a guy named Aaron, I don't live there anymore). I think the original quote for parts/labor was in the $900 range but they offered me a GM discount and the final price was around $350. Like others have mentioned before, the dealership admitted that they were aware of it (the service or parts manager's parents had a Yukon Denali with a cracked dash) and told me that it can't be recalled and fixed free of charge because it isn't necessarily a safety issue but it is certainly a service/performance issue. I got lucky, there were only 2 of the 'updated' dashes in black with the Bose speaker cutout in the US at the time. I'm not sure if inventory is still a problem, it sounded like GM started to remanufacturing the dash with a different blend of materials for dealers to use in replacements. It took a few days for them to pull it apart but they gave me a loaner car to use while they had my truck. It's under warranty as long as I have the truck, not a bad deal.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually just check the site out as a guest, but I see you're in Raleigh.

If you don't mind a ~1hr drive, contact Southern Pines Chevy in Southern Pines NC. They replaced the dash on my 2010 LTZ in 2015 and were really awesome to work with (I think it was a guy named Aaron, I don't live there anymore). I think the original quote for parts/labor was in the $900 range but they offered me a GM discount and the final price was around $350. Like others have mentioned before, the dealership admitted that they were aware of it (the service or parts manager's parents had a Yukon Denali with a cracked dash) and told me that it can't be recalled and fixed free of charge because it isn't necessarily a safety issue but it is certainly a service/performance issue. I got lucky, there were only 2 of the 'updated' dashes in black with the Bose speaker cutout in the US at the time. I'm not sure if inventory is still a problem, it sounded like GM started to remanufacturing the dash with a different blend of materials for dealers to use in replacements. It took a few days for them to pull it apart but they gave me a loaner car to use while they had my truck. It's under warranty as long as I have the truck, not a bad deal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give the Southern Pines dealer a call to see what they say. I am not getting my hopes up though.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. I had a good experience with them, figured I would pass it along since you aren't too far from Southern Pines. Hopefully the dash isn't too hard to find, I think I remember them telling me that either 2012 or 2013+ models had the updated dash materials if you have to look around on your own. The only issue I've had with the replacement is a minor vibration/sound coming from the center speaker when the dash is hot (usually when I get in the car after work) but it goes away in a few minutes with the A/C on.

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So how is this dash cracking issue not a manufactor recall to he fixed yet? My 2011 tahoe got its crack after me owning it for just two short years (last summer it happened) also had a buddy with a '14 Tahoe with 30k miles and his cracked as well
My crack is of course on the part of the dash that would be the biggest attached part that goes around the whole width of the inside

View attachment 78104

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar crack on my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali. I removed the dash panel closest to the windshield to get better access to the origin of the crack. I put a fiber block up under the visible cracked area to brace it and take some stress off the crack. Then I used a soldering iron to plastic weld everything from the outside start of the crack that would not be visible once the forward dash panel was reinstalled. You can still see the thin outline of the crack but not the big collapsed area. I am hoping it holds and does not crack more. As far as plastic glues go, I was not able to find any that would make the bond. That is why I chose plastic welding.

Skatejosh369

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recommendations on a good cover. I really don't want to fight with a dealer on getting it replaced on mine, and it's not "awful" yet, but it's getting there. I've seen several mats that go over it, but I'd like one that is somewhat thin.