Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
I'm sure that if you replace the dash it will crack again, because I doubt GM retooled the mold to correct the problem :2cents:
I am the one who earlier in this thread of misery, had my selling dealer replace the dashboard on my 2010 Tahoe twice. After the last time, I purchased an accordion-type dash cover to keep the Texas sun off of the dash. After one summer, all is well. I figured either they had a tolerance issue with the dash, or the dash was not of sufficient strength to withstand the direct sunlight. Most likely, the dash is in a bind, and the sun finishes the dash off. Considering how well the local dealer, Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont, Texas took care of my issues, I just purchased a new Cadillac CTS from them. GM's response basically leaves it up to your dealer to take the hit if he/she wishes to replace your dash for a few hundred dollars, as mine did. I wish GM would stand up and do the right thing, since the dealer's don't manufacture the trucks.
Best of luck!
Amanda

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm found some nice e big cracks in my dash, they were repaired from previous owner. now I want to decide if I should keep the dash bare and shiny or use a carpet dash mat....

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of wrapping mine in felt then leather. The vibrations are insane with my stereo and driving me nuts

sfc_jones

Reaction score
I have had the dash replaced on my 07 Tahoe, 2010 Suburban, and my 2009 Silverado 2500HD. I bought Dash Mats for all of them. My contact at the dealer has heard the plastic material is the biggest problem, Just like the Dodge Dashes had in the late 90's and early 2000's

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solve all your problems with http://dashskin.com/ It's like $175 for a new dash cover color matched. It's amazing. Forget the dealership. They aren't going to pay and your gonna end up with another dash that will crack. This covers it with an exact matched dash.

I don't have any connection with this company. It was posted to the facebook group about this issue.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solve all your problems with http://dashskin.com/ It's like $175 for a new dash cover color matched. It's amazing. Forget the dealership. They aren't going to pay and your gonna end up with another dash that will crack. This covers it with an exact matched dash.

I don't have any connection with this company. It was posted to the facebook group about this issue.

No thanks. IMO that looks like crap. The air bag looks recessed and do not like the seam on the sides. I looked at all these options before replacing my dash. Another concern is if the old dash continues to break under the cover that it create even more rattles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seem to be stuck. Got a quote at two different dealers to replace the dashboard. One was around $950 and the other was at $1150. I can order a new piece for about $350 and install it myself, but I am not really confident the new one will not crack in the same places again.
If I were to go through the expense of purchasing a new dash and install myself, I would spend a few bucks more and take a fiberglass repair kit and lightly skin the underside and add a little more mat to the stressed areas to strengthen it up.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
If I were to go through the expense of purchasing a new dash and install myself, I would spend a few bucks more and take a fiberglass repair kit and lightly skin the underside and add a little more mat to the stressed areas to strengthen it up.

I saw a youtube video a couple of weeks back, I think it was titled plastic welding. Totally amazing the way the guy fixed the Tahoe dash cracks, he did beef it up from the underside with some epoxy reinforcements, also shows step by step how to remove das assy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094