Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for informational purposes - I got my dash replaced on my 2007 Tahoe (almost 9 years old now), with only 74K miles on it at my dealership in Burbank, CA for a $200 deductible. I first called the Chevy 800 number and was escalated to to customer relations supervisor pretty quickly, who pretty much told me that it is highly unlikely that they will cover any cost of it. I kept on him, insisting that folks are still getting assistance in cost for replacing the faulty product. He called my dealership and spoke with the service department and told me to take it by them for an evaluation.

I then spoke with my service advisor. He said that they used to have a program for replacement, but it has since expired. With that old program, it was always a $200 deductible. Since the program doesn't even exist anymore, my service rep got with his managers and then they talked to the GM rep who was coming by the dealership that week. They ended up approving it for the $200 deductible. I presented them with the receipts that Amanda4461 uploaded (thanks for doing that!) and also the one that Parthery emailed me (Thanks again for that!), but to no avail. So I ended up paying $200. Not a bad deal for a 9 year old car, since I understand the cost out of pocket would have been around $1K.

Just wanted to let everyone know who may still be dealing with trying to get assistance from GM to cover the cost of the replacement.

Do you have copies of those invoices or know what page of thyis thread they were posted on? I'm gonna give this a try. what's the name of the dealership in Burbank? I'm in El Segundo. I had the GM rep on here contact a south bay dealer and they wouldn't do it. Never got an actual price. But I'm gonna hammer on this in the coming weeks. My dash is cracked both at the airbag and the instrument cluster.

I was surprised that the gm guy is on this forum. He was really helpful. But in the end couldn't convince my local dealership to do it for any kind of discount.

I did buy a new Yukon from Martin of Beverly Hills (GMC dealer) in 04. Not sure that gives me much juice though. lol. Especially after I just bought a used 07 from someplace else.

Last edited:

frankreeves

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just notice yesterday my 2014 Yukon dash cracked by airbag. Wonder if it will be covered under warranty seeing it just has 32K and I have not own 3 years yet.

Last edited:

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just notice yesterday my 2014 Yukon dash cracked by airbag. Wonder if it will be covered under warranty seeing it just has 32K and I have not own 3 years yet.

Manufacturer warranty is like 4 or 5 years so you should definitely be covered but I would reach out asap. I went to a dealer before and they tried to throw some BS that warranty is not transferrable but I call BS.

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Take it in ASAP given that it's a 2014 new car warranty might be up soon under extended warranty apparently doesn't cover "cosmetic" issues even if its a safety issue because of the location by the airbag. There's a whole Facebook group for this.
BOTH my 2009 Silverado LTZ and 2011 Yukon Denali had cracks and both were turned down even with extended warranty. The cracked dashes are a known issue that GM refuses to fess up to. After seeing a crack on the Denali I offloaded to a new 2016 Yukon hope that's the last of the issues.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I find it disappointing that a 2014 model is still having the same dash cracking issues even though GM has known about this defect for years.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it in ASAP given that it's a 2014 new car warranty might be up soon under extended warranty apparently doesn't cover "cosmetic" issues even if its a safety issue because of the location by the airbag. There's a whole Facebook group for this.
BOTH my 2009 Silverado LTZ and 2011 Yukon Denali had cracks and both were turned down even with extended warranty. The cracked dashes are a known issue that GM refuses to fess up to. After seeing a crack on the Denali I offloaded to a new 2016 Yukon hope that's the last of the issues.

What's the facebook group called?

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have already asked this. But has anyone in Socal gotten a quote for $500 or less? And if so, what dealership?

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seem to be stuck. Got a quote at two different dealers to replace the dashboard. One was around $950 and the other was at $1150. I can order a new piece for about $350 and install it myself, but I am not really confident the new one will not crack in the same places again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciscotex