Front Bump stops (Jounce stops?) for a 2002 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Constant lurker - rarely post. This time I am stumped! My bump stops on the front are completely gone - and probably have been for a long time. I would love to replace them but I can only find 2003+ bump stops online. Since I have no reference of my own and can't find any reference of an '02 I turn to TYF for some guidance. My torsion bars were recently cranked up when searching for a noise (loose cross member bolt) and it was brought to my attention that bump stops would help my ride - especially when i return the hoe to stock height. So my questions are:

Where do I find bump stops for my '02?
Does anyone know if the '03+ bump stops will fit my '02?
Any experience as to what the best option will be?

OP
OP
nolahoe

nolahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not sure why I couldn't find those - but the comments say they will fit. They'll be here Friday.

OP
OP
nolahoe

nolahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got these installed. Took all of 5 minutes since the previous ones were completely gone. Can't believe I overlooked the importance of these - they make a huge difference.

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do they do actually?Mine are waisted.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do they do actually?Mine are waisted.
They provide a cushion for the suspension. Our trucks are designed to ride on them and they work with the torsion bars to act like a spring to certain extent. Without them your suspension will be erratic and possibly sway like crazy when u hit bumps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That EXACTLY what mine does..Sorry for my ignorance,I'm nrw to these and suspension stuff.Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods