front ac blows cold then hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flawless45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just acquired an 04 yukon xl denail with 73,500 mile on the clock less than a week ago, tonight my ac is acting up now. I turn it on, I have the dual climate control in manual mode with the ac on and set to 60 and after about 20 seconds it starts blowing hot. It blows cold at first but switches automatically to blowing hot air. It will do this in auto and manual, the ac symbol stays on on the display. any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

rear ac blows cold with no problems...

OP
OP
F

flawless45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I actually found another way of fixing this issue on a different fixit site, I can't remember what it was but here is what I did instead of replacing the actuator. Also, looks like this problem happens when you disconnect the battery, which is one of the things that I had done.

1. with the vehicle off, pull the 30amp ac fuse and the 10amp hvac fuse in the cab.
2. turn vehicle on for about a minute then turn off.
3. Replace hvac fuse, turn vehicle on and go through all the climate control options, ac, floor, defrost ect.., turn off vehicle.
4. Do this multiple times, I did it about 5 times.
5. Before you turn the vehicle off for the last time set the climate control to auto.
6. Replace ac fuse and turn vehicle back on.

All I know is that somehow this worked for me, I know there still is a problem here but hopefully as long as I dont disconnect the battery again I'll be ok. Fingers crossed...

Eli B

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful thread. Going to have to try this soon, ever since doing some work that required disconnecting the battery by auto climate control has gone haywire. It's an 02' so I hope it's the same process....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7