Friday was a sad day RIP Avalanche

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! The frames in the NNBS is a lot more stout than the NBS. That's why they weigh so much more. Don't forget that the oil pick-up in the engine and transmission are in the bottom of the pan, if the engine was able to run while the truck was on its side, you may have sucked some air through.

Were you cited by the troopers?

More gas may have saved it, or applying the trailer brake via the brake controller could have helped, but it all depends on why it started swaying. Like you said, it's easy to overanalyze after the fact. Count yourself fortunate, learn what you can and move on. Oh, and make sure the internet gives you a fair valuation for both the avalanche and the trailer.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Glad you guys didn't get a scratch. Yeah who knows what else could've been done to correct it....but it doesn't matter anymore anyway cause what's done is done and you're alive.
Depending on year and miles it could be totalled. I know the wheels and wrap won't be covered in the claim.

Any witnesses stop and help out?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Jus intertested, why did you go with the grapplers?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no expert at towing but curious if applying the trailer brakes would have corrected it? Btw, glad that you guys came through this OK - that's the important stuff.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gassing the truck while simultaneously manually applying trailer brakes very lightly may have worked but if something broke on the anti-sway and things happening that fast its hard to think and do 'what you think is right'..... that said.. op even said he has much experience towing and we are just glad he is ok. If something let loose i dont think anything would have worked. Gassing the truck is better than braking but most people in a panic situation brake hard.

OP
OP
Bruizza

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not apply the trailer brake manually and do regret that. It all happened in a manner of seconds and traffic was heavy. I just wanted to get over to the exit/shoulder and not take out an innocent family.

I went back down to 22s with the Terra Grappler just to do something different. Been riding 26s for 5 summers or so. Had a yukon that was lowered with 22 terra grapplers and just wanted to go back to that look. I had all the ball joints and control arms replaced Friday before we left. Truck was driving like an absolute dream when this all went down.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....glad the 2 of you were okay. I agree, consider this a 'win' as it sure could've been a lot worse.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Thats the craziest thing i ever heard

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic