Free Travel Mod....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like this will be my next mod to my tahoe because Im tired of the bouncy ride I have. I have a 2/3 drop kit and right now Im sitting on the bump stops due to having two 21" subs in a huge box.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..ANYONE have some fresh pics of this mod? the originals are deleted and I was hoping to get some visual reference points....even a youtube link would be great (I searched but didn't see anything...but I'm kinda old too:)

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..ANYONE have some fresh pics of this mod? the originals are deleted and I was hoping to get some visual reference points....even a youtube link would be great (I searched but didn't see anything...but I'm kinda old too:)

Here ya go (go to 5:02):

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video and DJM link, very helpful

One question = In the video they move the sway bar bracket over 2". Does anyone know if the left side sway bar bracket needs to be moved over for a NNBS?

Thanks

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I was going to attempt to do the free travel mod today but was obviously not prepared.

This is for a PPV. My bracket looks nothing like the ones in the vid or on DJM site.
Another observation was my drivers bracket is extremely close to the gas tank.
How much of the bracket are you guys actually removing?
If someone can post a pic of a NNBS after removal, that would be great.

I think I'm being a little too **** about this so bare with :)

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I was going to attempt to do the free travel mod today but was obviously not prepared.

This is for a PPV. My bracket looks nothing like the ones in the vid or on DJM site.
Another observation was my drivers bracket is extremely close to the gas tank.
How much of the bracket are you guys actually removing?
If someone can post a pic of a NNBS after removal, that would be great.

I think I'm being a little too **** about this so bare with :)
I think you just have to slice it off with your eyes closed and don't hit the tank lol, you have to take the whole thing off so you can drill a new hole for your new bumpstop.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bumpstop - 3.jpg bumpstop - 1.jpg
I think you just have to slice it off with your eyes closed and don't hit the tank lol, you have to take the whole thing off so you can drill a new hole for your new bumpstop.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry. First time using this form for adding pictures, damn they're huge.

That's how close it is to the gas tank and you can also see how big the bracket is.
I thought the bracket was going to be something like the NBS, but this thing wraps around and is part of the coil pocket or the coil pocket is welded to this bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9