Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Hope to have those last a few more miles. Lol. Wish I could fix the dash cracks x 3 by the passenger airbag. However I just look past them and shake my head. :mad::eek::p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a short road trip to Universal Studios in Orlando this weekend. 412 mile round trip and averaged 17.8mpg on the DIC. Roughly 3 hrs one way, with a quick pit stop on the Florida turnpike. The cruise was set at 75mph other than in town navigation. 93 octane fuel. No A/C used on the trip north and the A/C was used on the trip back south.

She ran like a champ, super comfortable for the family and used the RES with the headphones for the kids. They were stoked with a pile of movies, a bag of snacks and we could listen to our music. The headphones were new in the package since the truck was bought from the dealer in 2013. My boss never used them and we hadn't had a road trip to use them yet. The kids loved them!!

I also ordered the GM Console Organizer 19166288 from Amazon Prime, that I saw someone else post recently. Not cheap at $34 considering it is just a plastic insert with felt lining. Also a bit dated with CD slots, but it does the trick nicely to keep items on top and my wife sure has a lot of b.s. in that center console. (I just saw one pop up at $25 after mine arrived that wasn't on Prime...go figure). She loved it when I showed her. Winning!

Here is the link from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Acce...67272&sr=8-4&keywords=gm+center+floor+console

I gave the inside a wipe down, vacuum and washed off the road trip grime and bugs up front. Then it rained about 3 hours later, but at least it will drip dry clean. :)

New console organizer.
image1.JPG

Suds her up.
IMG_2536.JPG

Figured I'd black and white this pic to mix it up a bit - all cleaned up and looking pretty.
FullSizeRender.jpg

And the color one just for good measure. lol
IMG_2537.JPG

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never gotten that good of gas mileage lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never gotten that good of gas mileage lol

Don't worry it will go back to 10mpg around town and my wife does not hammer the accelerator at all. But all the stop and go traffic just eats fuel like crazy. I forgot to mention in the original post, that the Range AFM Deactivation device was plugged in for the entire trip, so we were in V8 mode for the whole trip. I probably should have unplugged it for one end of the trip to see if the V4 mode would have upped the mpgs, but the purpose for the device was to never go back into V4 mode. I did hit 18.2 for most of the journey north, but it dipped and averaged out at that 17.8mpg once we were heading back south. So we did end up eating 3/4 of a tank.

We did get pushed to go faster well into the 80s, but the Florida State Troopers were out, so we kept it set at 5 over the limit. However, when it is time to move over, the Suburban does have a way of negotiating her intended course without too much hassle from the little cars and trucks. :cool: Love the long body.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be so puzzled as to how to fix a door handle. Lol. Way to go!always a good feeling to have a clean truck! Looking good!

Thx man. Cleaned for the wife, but I like having all the trucks shining in the driveway, even if I don't get to drive the Suburban every day. Google videos are your friend. I learned how to take apart the door panels and handles on both the NBS and NNBS through some step-by-step videos. And spending way too much time on this forum learning and reading....don't we all!! lol It feels good to accomplish those tasks. So far so good on that door handle too. It held up over the weekend and the spare one is sitting at home just in case for the next 30 days.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there a reason why you used the 93 octane?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there a reason why you used the 93 octane?

No reason really other than my 06 Tahoe is Black Bear tuned for 93 so I figured I would fill up with it for the road trip and note the parameters of my road trip/mpg results in case someone wanted to know. Normally we just put mid grade in around town. I guess the debate on whether it makes a difference between 87 and 93 is the question. It comes up on the forum often and there is a thread or two on here about it. :)

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED Reverse Lights, Bulbeats 1200 lumen 144 Chipset bulbs

I needed some brighter LED reverse lights. The ones I had in there were good, but I wanted brighter, like those 1200 lumen JDM Astars I just put in the NBS. I originally ordered the 3157s, but they didn't fit the NNBS socket.

It calls for a 7441 bulb which must be just that extra bit skinnier and allows the wedge to sit further down in the socket and make contact, whereas the 3157 bulb did not sit deep enough to trigger the lights.

Nonetheless, I had success in installing these new LED bulbs and they are super bright.

They are made by Bulbeats 1200 lumen 144 chipset projector bulbs. Here is the link to Amazon for $17.
https://www.amazon.com/Bulbeats-Lum...6780&sr=8-1&keywords=bulbeats+1200+lumen+7441

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Left new LED vs right old LED.
IMG_2662.JPG

Both new projector LEDs.
IMG_2667.JPG

Checking illumination behind the Suburban.
IMG_2669.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu