Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He should have complimented the whole damn thing. That is a beautiful machine, my friend.

Thx man.

looks great!
love the flooring in the Tint shop too.
i need to get my front windows tinted! damn this forum is killin me $$$ haha

That was a cool shop. First time there. Pretty well organized and tidy too. I just wasn't feeling any rapport with the original shop that did my tint and stereo and the shop that I had do the Suburban, just went out of business. This shop had some great recent reviews and the manager was polite, friendly and open to making me a 2 truck deal on the windshield tinting.

The Suburban was actually going in first yesterday, but the wife had to run an errand, last minute, so I loaded up the kids and we sat and watched them tint cars for an hour.

They are a full service shop (Tint World ) that had another 1800 sq. feet in the back for installs and detailing. The front 3 bays were just for tint. He also gave me the number for his PDR guy. Just that little rapport, chatting to my kids (he has a girl 8 and boy 4) and answering my questions, goes a long ways.

So you have 5% on top of the factory tint and then 5% on the 2 front windows. How does that match up in person. Hard to tell in the photos.

Matches up pretty damn close. There is a slight difference, but negligible. It is dark during the day and really dark at night. Now that the windshield is tinted, it will darken the rest of the truck for sure.

The windshield looks great been debating doing mine I think I'm gonna have too
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx man. I'm glad I finally got around to doing it and ditching that strip looks 100% better.

haha, thats how it was in Wisconsin back in the days. Very strict. I sure love Arizona. no front license plate needed. they could care less about tint. even the cops have limo tint. nice flat smooth roads. no snow or salt or rust.
but! the summers are very hot, this is true

All this^^.

Lol. Thx man.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with 35% on the shield plus the 5% on everything else

We looked at the 35% and I probably should have, but didn't want it to be too dark with the rest blacked out. I know I won't regret having the whole shield done on both trucks. No matter what % you go with, if you can do it, the UV and heat reduction is a winner for your skin and the interior.

I can't believe I waited this long and should have had it done at the same time when I had the Suburban tinted as I knew more about it then.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much same here in ny stupid ny tint laws...def cant do windshield....although i will say if you dont drive like a douche(or do when no cops are around) they dont bother you... just cant get inspected with them tinted.. i ripped it off except sheid strip, got it inspected, then retinted the front doors myself... it came out ok but i stopped and talked to the original guy who did mine when new and he said he’ll redo it for 70 with ripping off my work. not bad price.. originally he charged me 110 for 2 fronts and window strip... i just gotta get it there....

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Same here in Jersey. No tint at all on the front windows or windshield. I have light tint and I've been pulled over twice for it.

Going half on some used front windows with my cousin who has a 06 silvy. So when we get a ticket we install the clear windows and take it to the court house to squash the fix it ticket.
Then install the tinted windows back in. Cause:flipthebird: yo law tint