Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too right. I live 1.5 miles from the beach and the salt film is always present.

I wiped it down with Lucas Oil Slick Mist last night after we got pounded with rain and it had a fine coat on it by this afternoon along with some pollen, so I wiped t down again.

Saved me a wash and she looked good stuck in spring break beach traffic today. Grrrr...
Sorry foss, ill be joining the ranks of spring breakers soon.... but not soon enough...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when Fort Lauderdale ran all them drunken college kids out of town and started catering to families and the well to do who spent more money and less nights in jail. Then they went to Daytona and then Pensacola and looks like they're back, like a herd of wildebeasts!

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
I remember when Fort Lauderdale ran all them drunken college kids out of town and started catering to families and the well to do who spent more money and less nights in jail. Then they went to Daytona and then Pensacola and looks like they're back, like a herd of wildebeasts!

Oh really is that where they're going now? Glad I moved away from there. I was getting sick of traffic down there as it was.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just said to hell with Florida and it's crowds of morally questionable detergent-eating, self-identifying nincompoops and moved to the real South.

I'd rather deal with bluegrass music and hillbillies than what we had to deal with in Florida.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what part of Florida Matt. The interior is all southern, as is much of the panhandle still. the Yankees have occupied most, but not all of the coastal cities. It would be nice if more of them Yanks assimilated and did not bring with them the reasons they left home and came down here! We prefer God over government and not the other way 'round.

Not all Yankees are carpetbaggers and scalawags, I took for my wife one of the good ones!

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what part of Florida Matt. The interior is all southern, as is much of the panhandle still. the Yankees have occupied most, but not all of the coastal cities. It would be nice if more of them Yanks assimilated and did not bring with them the reasons they left home and came down here! We prefer God over government and not the other way 'round.

Not all Yankees are carpetbaggers and scalawags, I took for my wife one of the good ones!

I grew up in a retirement town. Went from 100k residents when I graduated HS to 400k when I graduated college. Way to peopley for me.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is what annoys me , the people that move away from the city to "get away from that life" end up making it just as ****** where ever they are
I don't mind the busy city life and kind of miss it hate the having to go into town for anything, maintaining a yard, limited delivery service, etc. But can't find/afford a few acres in town

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Me too, whenever we have to wait in line on a Friday night for dinner, it's time to move up the coast! We're not quite there yet here on the Treasure Coast but getting close!

Yeah it's getting thick here in Ocala too. Still a good mix and still plenty of Southern Folk, but the intolerant "others" are trying to take over. Don't even get me started on the tweakers.

I just said to hell with Florida and it's crowds of morally questionable detergent-eating, self-identifying nincompoops and moved to the real South.

I'd rather deal with bluegrass music and hillbillies than what we had to deal with in Florida.

Yeah I don't blame ya man. I've been trying to convince my wife to move for years. My parents live in Kentucky now... Wouldn't mind joining them to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts