For those with larger tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this a couple of days ago in the exterior thread with no responses....figured I'd try here.

For those with larger tires, specifically those of you running E rated tires on your 2015+ Tahoe/suburban.....how did it effect the ride quality? It seems there are few options for larger than stock sized 18/20" tires that are anything less than E rated.

My previous experiences would indicate that the heavier and stiffer E rated tires could provide for a bad ride. My friend has a new wrangler 4 door and the ride difference when he switched from E rated tires to D was very noticeable. I know that's a considerably lighter SUV than a full size GM, but maybe the same principle applies here?

OP
OP
G

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone? I know there are people here running e rated tires on these things.......

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proper inflation is key. Most people over inflate E rated tires which makes the ride much worse.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I got class E on mine but run at 40 psi. You can tell its more of a truck ride then car ride but not awful like riding on bricks.

hyper z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you also have to take in consideration when going to larger tire the weight difference, which effects the suspension.

hyper z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you also have to take in consideration when going to larger tire the weight difference, which effects the suspension.

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run larger E rated Nitto and have no issues at 40 psi.

How do you like these tires? Any noticeable drop in MPGs? I am looking at 305/55/20 in an all terrain or 295/60/20 in an all terrain. Really looking at Toyo, Nitto, and BFG. Do you think a 295 would fit? Do you feel the 305s are too wide? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks