For those who went Michelin....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white15

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali and I live in the Chicago Suburbs.. I am getting rid of the bridgestones soon... 22,000 miles and it definitely feels like they are stones.

I wanted to do some research on which would be the best tire, (I've been browsing through old threads) and everyone seems to be happy with the Michelins and reporting a better ride.... My driving pattern is always on the road and just looking for a smooth ride and decent cornering.

I don't know if I should go with the Defender or Premier? Any insight would be greatly appreciated and I would love some pictures of them on the 22" wheels.

Well guys thanks and Happy Easter!

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Defenders in the 22" OEM sizes. Love everything about them; a night and day difference compared to the Bridgestones.

I chose the Defenders since they should be better in winter conditions than the Premiers, which is probably more important for you in Chicago. They also look great on the truck as they are a more aggressive pattern than the Premiers.

Bish

OP
OP
W

white15

Reaction score
Thanks so much Bish!

Could you send me a few pictures??

I'm running the Defenders in the 22" OEM sizes. Love everything about them; a night and day difference compared to the Bridgestones.

I chose the Defenders since they should be better in winter conditions than the Premiers, which is probably more important for you in Chicago. They also look great on the truck as they are a more aggressive pattern than the Premiers.

Bish

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Defenders on my 2004 Denali and love them. Quiet and great in all conditions.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Defenders on my 2001 Tahoe and love them. Quiet and great in all conditions.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running LTXs mud and snows on my 2006 with my nnbs Denali 20s and even on used michelins the ride is fantastic. I went from duelers on my stock 17s to the LTX all terrains and was very happy with them. When time comes to replace them with brand new ill be going with the defenders. They will be a bit more aggressive in the snow which I get where I live.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bish

I am running the Premier in the oem 20" size and I wish I had gone with the Defender as I think the premier looks too much like a passenger sedan tire. The stance actually looks smaller than the oem tires. I'm considering throwing the 22" wheels back on truck and will order the defenders this time around.

They also seem to be wearing out sooner than expected. The premier is a 60k mile rated tire and we are already down to 4/32 and 5/32 with just over 20k miles on them. Not so sure they are suited for an extra large SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts