For those considering de-badging their Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol....they do more than spread salt in the winter, Robbie. Sheesh. They out fining folks for debadging their Eco-friendly vehicles

Never once seen DOT respond to any non-commercial vehicle crash, ever. Much less fine an owner for removing an emblem, ever. [emoji102]

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FDOT is a lazy bunch :shrug:

:lol:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled my Duramax emblems off and DOT told me to put them back on so people know it's diesel.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All well and good, but after 7 years I've got some issues with my stickers, especially on the windows. They are peeling off and I am about at the point of removing them. Does GM replace them for free in the name of safety?

Luckily the side ones are in pretty good shape, but they would be a lot more expensive and complicated to replace. At some point I may have damage. Will GM take care of that? Or will the leftover ghost image be enough for them ;)

Hybrid11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All well and good, but after 7 years I've got some issues with my stickers, especially on the windows. They are peeling off and I am about at the point of removing them. Does GM replace them for free in the name of safety?

Luckily the side ones are in pretty good shape, but they would be a lot more expensive and complicated to replace. At some point I may have damage. Will GM take care of that? Or will the leftover ghost image be enough for them ;)

I took all mine off! I left the H because I thought it looked cool lol. If you do it right you can take it off and no one will be able to even know it was there.

image.jpeg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I wanna put a hybrid badge on mine even tho it's not a hybrid, for trolling and parking purposes.

Will I be fined for impersonating a hybrid vehicle?

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the Hybrid badges. The stickers all up and down the side were ridiculous though LOL. On the battery disconnect there is a crash detection sensor that cuts the 300V battery power if it senses a hard enough impact (similar to the way an airbag sensor works). Also under the hood if the firefighter cuts the positive 12V battery cable where the little yellow label says to that disbales the 300V battery pack also. The way the Hybrid battery is build in small individual modules there is very little chance of more than a handful of the 200 or so individual batteries being busted open even in the worst of crashes. Here are a few pics for those that might be interested. This is an 09 Tahoe Hybrid
IMG_6774.jpg
IMG_6712.jpg
IMG_6732.jpg
IMG_6719.jpg
09 Tahoe.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took all mine off! I left the H because I thought it looked cool lol. If you do it right you can take it off and no one will be able to even know it was there.

View attachment 64413
they can see what engine/hybrid it is from the tail pipe and it's obnoxiously MASSIVELY OVERSIZED muffler...

for scale it's about the length of the battery module ..

20190228_125109.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt