For those considering de-badging their Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
For the most part, I'm with Punisher on this one. Only hybrids have the orange colored cables. If EMS, whether fulltime or volunteer, don't understand that little bit of info, then they are in over their heads and unqualified to help you. The orange cables are an industry requirement for all hybrids. I challenge you to find us a non-hybrid with orange cables from the factory, or a hybrid without them from the factory. People should be able to tell the building is on fire before trying to save people caught in the smoke.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
lil off-topic, but did you ever get the REAL story about the lady who spilled the McD's coffee? That was BEYOND hot, wether it was written on the cup or not. I cannot believe how bad it melted her inner thighs. Ugh!

That was also before iced coffee. It was common sense that the coffee was hot then.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the most part, I'm with Punisher on this one. Only hybrids have the orange colored cables.

Sigh, unless you pop the hood or happen to have visual access to the engine bay due to the accident you will never see the cables until you just cut through one and until it's too late.

Anyhoot, anyone can do as they wish, all I can do is provide the info ... the Darwin Awards take care of the rest. :)

Last edited:

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more added bonuses- in some states you get to drive in the carpool lane with an LEV (Low Emissions Vehicle) and having the badges will let that pesky cop leave you alone.. And, taken from my neighbor who is an arson investigator and part of our county's HAZMAT team, they need to know you are in a Hybrid due to the NiMH batteries sitting under your seats.. If ruptured, a HAZMAT team needs to be called in to clean up the possible gallons of potassium hydroxide that have spilled onto the road..

Reaction score
Sigh, unless you pop the hood or happen to have visual access to the engine bay due to the accident you will never see the cables until you just cut through one and until it's too late.

Anyhoot, anyone can do as they wish, all I can do is provide the info ... the Darwin Awards take care of the rest. :)

It's not like these Hybrids instantly turn to death traps if you touch them when involved in an accident.

And at what point will enough be enough? What if someone dies even with the hybrid stickers on the car? Will all hybrid vehicles be painted safety orange? Then if someone still dies will they need a caution light on them,... flairs that shoot out,... and their own safety rescue team stored in the back cargo area who pop out after an accident? It'll never end is what i'm saying...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... and their own safety rescue team stored in the back cargo area who pop out after an accident?

I fear the added wait of this mod may eat into any MPG gains you may have had when purchasing said HyHoe :shrug:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
lol but yea keep em on for peoples saftey. u can kill yoursewlf but dont kill innocent people. thats not cool:(

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Perhaps you didn't read the small lettering on the bottom of the Hybrid Badge, "Do not remove under penalty of law" . :)
Actually as a police officer, my experience would say it would be helpful to first responders to know the vehicle is a hybrid for several reasons, one being to know the liquid seeping out of the vehicle may be something other than antifreeze, or window washer solvent( we already know if its gas because of the smell). It also would help determine how quickly we get the victims out of the vehicle. Just saying. We go thru quite a bit of training but training does not cover every possiblility out there, and most responders are not motorheads, like some of us are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues