Folding mirrors automatically when parked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you familiar with the 2015 Escalade (not the 2015.5), I discovered how to get the mirrors to fold in with the remote by holding the lock button in for a few extra seconds. However, I cannot figure out how to set the system to fold the mirrors automatically upon putting it into park and/or when you kill the ignition, rather than having to hold in the fob button when arming it.

I hope and assume the early model 2015 did this along with the 2015.5 and subsequent model years. This simple thing can probably be done within the system, but I cannot find how to do it in the manual or setting the folding mirror option within the CUE.

TIA

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe it can be set to automatic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a Google search for "hidden secrets on your chevy tahoe" it talks about setting it in the infotainment screen but not an automatic fold without pushing the fob. That leads me to believe that true auto fold is not available.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they designed these like this for a reason, so you have control of when they fold or don't fold, say you park next to a pillar, fold your mirrors in, auto start your truck mirrors autofold out into pillar, no thanks

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they designed these like this for a reason, so you have control of when they fold or don't fold, say you park next to a pillar, fold your mirrors in, auto start your truck mirrors autofold out into pillar, no thanks

That does not make sense to me as other model cars have the auto fold mirrors. Plus I cannot imagine parking so close to a pillar or some other object that my auto fold mirrors would hit them either way. I am glad they will fold with the fob, but it seems that someone along this gen would have figured out a hack/fix to make it work automatically.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
Like others have said I wouldn't want an auto folding mirror when the ignition is turned on or off.
I have to park in underground parking sometimes for work. The parking spots are typically narrow (to maximize the number of parking spots) and people in Toronto don't really care how they park. So when I can find a spot that's beside a pillar I'll take it. It at least protects the one side of the truck from other doors. I can fold the mirrors in, park very close to the pillar giving me extra room to get out of the truck. When I leave I drive out of the spot and then fold out the mirrors.
There's a button on the drives door that folds the mirrors in and out.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said I wouldn't want an auto folding mirror when the ignition is turned on or off.
I have to park in underground parking sometimes for work. The parking spots are typically narrow (to maximize the number of parking spots) and people in Toronto don't really care how they park. So when I can find a spot that's beside a pillar I'll take it. It at least protects the one side of the truck from other doors. I can fold the mirrors in, park very close to the pillar giving me extra room to get out of the truck. When I leave I drive out of the spot and then fold out the mirrors.
There's a button on the drives door that folds the mirrors in and out.

I fully get what you are saying, however how do you then account of other cars/trucks that do it?
Wouldn't those manufactures/consumers have the same worries that you have expressed if it were a major concern?
Heck even if you didn't have to hold the button on the fob, and it did it automatically when you armed the system that would be better than having to remember to hold it in as you are walking away.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
I don't know what the other manufactures do.
Maybe because they don't have control over when the mirror fold open and closed they don't park close to pillars like I would.
The way GM has there's set up I view it as a great option.
If they just folded when the ignition was on or off, you would be losing out on the benefit of having folding mirrors then.

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have an Audi and it is very simple - it always folds the mirrors automatically when you lock the car (assuming you have that setting on) and unfolds when you crank it. If you want to fold them manually you rotate the knob used to select and move them away from either mirror to the six o'clock position, the mirrors fold and stay folded until you turn the switch back to the other setting.

I also park in a garage with posts and use the manual fold on my vehicles. The auto fold is nice in parking lots so someone who parks later doesn't hit your mirrors with their door.

wa3cuj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like he auto fold option on my Lexus. I touch the door handle to lock the door and the mirrors fold. As I am walking away from the car I can look back and if the mirrors are folded, I know that I locked the car. On my return, as soon as I touch the door handle the mirrors unfold. I am having a tough time getting use to having to reach into my pocket and use the key FOB to do this on my Denali. I'll get use to it in time, but it is just those little things....... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne