flowmaster 44 with duals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much should an installation of a flowmaster 44 muffler with dual outs cost generally? one place quoted me 650 for duals. 2004 lt tahoe.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much should an installation of a flowmaster 44 muffler with dual outs cost generally? one place quoted me 650 for duals. 2004 lt tahoe.

I’m actually about to do a dual flowmaster exhaust on my 04 tahoe z71. Single muffler dual out

2 places told me 350.00 for custom made with the flowmaster 40 series

But now I’m thinking I’m going to buy the flowmaster american thunder cat back system. That comes with a 50 series muffler. That’s an already set up system, just bolt on. In case your not familiar with it.

650.00 is a lot.

Maybe it depends on the area though. There are a lot of exhaust shops in the Detroit area so maybe that’s why the competitive pricing. Not sure though

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m actually about to do a dual flowmaster exhaust on my 04 tahoe z71. Single muffler dual out

2 places told me 350.00 for custom made with the flowmaster 40 series

But now I’m thinking I’m going to buy the flowmaster american thunder cat back system. That comes with a 50 series muffler. That’s an already set up system, just bolt on. In case your not familiar with it.

650.00 is a lot.

Maybe it depends on the area though. There are a lot of exhaust shops in the Detroit area so maybe that’s why the competitive pricing. Not sure though

im gonna shop aeound i only went to once place. theres tons of spots in NYC.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$650 is steep, just had mine done in april $350 out the door,2 chamber, single in dual out, bent to go around the spare, and got some nice full chrome tips with that price

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Michigan If you live in michigan i would pass on the flowmaster catback unless they started making it in stainless steel. The dual side outlet kit lasted just over two years before it rusted away to nothing on me. I paid $600 for a custom catback all in stainless and the flowmaster SS muffler was $200. It was worth every penny because i`ll probably never have to replace it again.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an exhaust shop in the south selling stainless dual outlet and other systems on ebay and many include your choice of Flowmaster mufflers. The company is called Performance-Curve. Check them out.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Michigan If you live in michigan i would pass on the flowmaster catback unless they started making it in stainless steel. The dual side outlet kit lasted just over two years before it rusted away to nothing on me. I paid $600 for a custom catback all in stainless and the flowmaster SS muffler was $200. It was worth every penny because i`ll probably never have to replace it again.

The manufacturer has it listed as 16-gauge stainless steel. Is this different from wht you had? Still not sure yet if I’m going this route or custom made from the exhaust shop. Also not sure if this system fits with the spare tire but I would think it should unless flowmaster missed that one

Features
  • Constructed out of 16-gauge stainless steel
  • Mandrel bent tubing for maximum flow
  • Tested and proven on dyno to increase performance
  • Louder than stock with a throaty rumble
  • No drilling or welding on most models
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Made in the USA - Santa Rosa, CA
About the Product
Let's face it you love your truck or muscle car and you want it to be noticed and running at its best. Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust systems are one of the best out there with a great sound and power enhancing performance.

Everyone wants their exhaust to sound great, but first things first – it has to boost your engine's performance. Flowmaster exhaust systems are going to allow your engine to more easily emit exhaust fumes by optimizing the travel from engine to tip. Reduce back-pressure and you boost power. Boost power and you go faster.

How does Flowmaster create such great sound from their exhaust kits you ask? The sound is created by a muffler that is manufactured for not just that great "Flowmaster Sound" but for optimal power and mileage. Every exhaust is perfectly designed to work the best with your ride.

The Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust systems come with an aggressive sound. Tubing is constructed out of 16-gauge stainless steel. Each truck and car exhaust system is mandrel bent for an even flow and exit. Flowmaster exhaust systems come complete with muffler, hangers, clamps and tip for easier installation.

Customize your car, truck, or SUV the way you want with application offering a single or dual exit exhaust kit. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system today!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess they finally made that catback in stainless. When they were bought by B&M they slowly started to make them in stainless and when i needed to replace mine they didn`t have it yet.

The only thing i didn`t like besides it rusting away were the tiny bolt on tips and the cheap clamps. And it`s very difficult to get the tips to exit at the same angle and they exit at what i thought was a bad location and it drove me crazy.100_5803.jpg

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what i have now, Much better angle and the tips aren`t right next to the bumper. This is the best pic i have, These are 4 inch slash cut tips and the flowmaster kit comes with tiny straight cut rolled edge. I an get some better pics if you want.IMG_0173_zpsf0c0916b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr