Floor Jack Replacement Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Company was bye bye long ago with respect to the jacks.
If you are talking about company long gone that made your jack the company in link may have repair parts for cylinder they did for the antique jack I had.
I know your asking about wheels though.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are talking about company long gone that made your jack the company in link may have repair parts for cylinder they did for the antique jack I had.
I know your asking about wheels though.

^^^ This. The linked company may have records about the long gone jack company, or the equivalent mfr.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used this company in link for seal kits for floor jacks.
Usually when you tear apart jack to get to cylinder and cylinder block there will be numbers that can be plugged into this company's web site and will get brand and seal kits available form them.

Thanks for that but I have beaten that exercise long ago and the importer changed hands (long ago) and it was a dead end with the new company. When I bought it I was too young to realize that a 2 3/4 ton jack was going to be an odd duck.

It's a good reference though for the next jack to come.

Last edited:

waveryd

Reaction score
I have a 2.25 ton Chinese jack purchased at Sam's Club in 1992. It has been a great jack but also a teeth-rattling drag out to the driveway. I'm a little obsessive at times so I completely disassembled it and greased every pivot point and the wheels. I noticed there were a few ball bearings missing from the rear casters and they were dry. Found the correct size of ball bearings on eBay and greased and assembled the rear casters. The jack works and rolls better now than it ever did.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking on opinions on floor jack replacement wheels and castors that might be a bit happier (smoother and more cooperative) on asphalt driveways.
My old Blue Beast (NAPA import) jack, probably over 35 years old and original, takes a lot of effort to move across the driveway and to get into position, each of which ends up not being smooth.
Current wheels are metal, steel or cast iron, not sure which, but show wear from abrasion on the pavement as would be expected after all the years.
Is a different material more suitable?
Any thoughts on Polyurethane on cast iron?

When I need to move a floor jack from the shop to the garage or even just a distance out to the driveway, I scoop it up with a hand truck.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.25 ton Chinese jack purchased at Sam's Club in 1992. It has been a great jack but also a teeth-rattling drag out to the driveway. I'm a little obsessive at times so I completely disassembled it and greased every pivot point and the wheels. I noticed there were a few ball bearings missing from the rear casters and they were dry. Found the correct size of ball bearings on eBay and greased and assembled the rear casters. The jack works and rolls better now than it ever did.

Yeah I was gonna say just lubricating the wheels on mine made it MUCH easier to move and dampened some of the noise. I think a lot of the noise comes from the cup slapping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019