flex fuel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heard somewhere before putting a cpl gallons of e85 in with your gas can help better than fuel injector cleaner and cleans better than it would. any truth to this?

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most gas coming out of the pumps already has 10% ethanol in it. I don't see how adding a slightly higher concentration would make much difference. Lets say you have a half tank, 13 gallons of E10 pump gas and you add 2 gallons E85. You end up with 15 gallons of E20 (20% ethanol). I doubt it will make much difference.

Ethanol is a good solvent though, and a lot of credit is due to the ethanol blends we run today for cleaner fuel systems, never having water/ice in fuel lines etc. Many like to blame it for various problems that it usually isn't to blame for.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had better success with Techron and Walmart's SuperTech Fuel Injector Cleaner. I do run E85 by the tankfull as mine has a FlexFuel motor.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my old impala ss had a ls4 and several ppl did it in there I always just used lucas,

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
closest pump is 20 miles away lol

If the stuff is cheap enough where you live, it's ok to mix it as you wrote initially in your FlexFuel engine. You'll get slightly lower mileage and a lower fuel bill as well.

My closest pump is not around the corner but it pays to run the stuff, I save $12 every 300 miles at current prices right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64