flashing 194 LED (front turn signal)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So tonight I noticed that when my truck is on and the lights turn on my driver side 194 will randomly flash, when I hit the turn signal it works perfect, and when it flashes by itself the turn signal doesn’t flash on the dash, so does it sound like the bulb is most likely bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its tight enough to work but loose enough to Move around on the contacts?

Idk I’ll have to pull it apart when it’s warmer and see, I sent a video of what it’s doing to the company I got the bulbs from I’ve actual got a white set to match the 3157 switchbacks better gives me a reason to pull it all apart

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using led's for a long time, my experience is it's usually the bulb taking a dump, but you could try to clean up the contacts and bend them a little tighter and see if it makes any difference. when they start doing that I think it's some kind of voltage regulator on the led board so when it gets a little bump (electrically) from other things it kicks back up to normal then goes back to screwing up when the voltage changes.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using led's for a long time, my experience is it's usually the bulb taking a dump, but you could try to clean up the contacts and bend them a little tighter and see if it makes any difference. when they start doing that I think it's some kind of voltage regulator on the led board so when it gets a little bump (electrically) from other things it kicks back up to normal then goes back to screwing up when the voltage changes.

Thanks for the info, the place I got them from will send me a new set, just need to send the old ones back once I swap them out, due to this brands failure rate being so low the company likes to see what went bad so they can make any needed fixes, I was kinda shocked they wanted them back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts