Flapping sound around windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon2000xl

Reaction score
I read up on here that the flapping sounds come from rubber strips under the A pillar covers on each side.I double sided tapped mine pretty good yet I still get that annoying flapping sound at high speeds.Anyone find anything else that caused this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue. Mine was the moulding that goes around the outside of your windshield. Tried taping it to see if issue would go away and it did.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon2000xl

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Mine was the moulding that goes around the outside of your windshield. Tried taping it to see if issue would go away and it did.
Thanks I'm gonna try that

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read up on here that the flapping sounds come from rubber strips under the A pillar covers on each side.I double sided tapped mine pretty good yet I still get that annoying flapping sound at high speeds.Anyone find anything else that caused this ?

I had a similar issue that drove me nuts. I finally had the windshield replaced, and the technician showed me a spot along the lower edge about underneath the passenger side windshield wiper where the old sealant was not even making contact with the windshield. He said he has found this to be a very common issue in Tahoes/Yukons/Silverados/etc because the installers do not know to put extra sealant there.

Anyhow, that completely resolved my issue.

Do you have an aftermarket windshield?

Adam.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon2000xl

Reaction score
I had a similar issue that drove me nuts. I finally had the windshield replaced, and the technician showed me a spot along the lower edge about underneath the passenger side windshield wiper where the old sealant was not even making contact with the windshield. He said he has found this to be a very common issue in Tahoes/Yukons/Silverados/etc because the installers do not know to put extra sealant there.

Anyhow, that completely resolved my issue.

Do you have an aftermarket windshield?

Adam.
Yes I do , I'll have to check this out ,so annoying this sound good thing I changed the sound system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan