First time clayed pictures :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck looks sharp, man. Good job on the clay work. As for the scratch, that's not coming out. From the looks of it, it's deep enough that the paint is gone and all you can do is go over it with touch up or have it completely repainted. You can buff out scratches in the clearcoat, but once the paint is gone, it's gone.

"Generally" speaking, if your fingernail gets caught in the scratch when you rub it - that shit ain't coming out!

Maybe it's the color of the pic but it has as white tint to it, there's a chance.....

B O S S

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks really good...... need to clay mine when i get back.... but the body looks really good for a obs

True dat, paint looks great. There are some minor clear scratches it looks like but nothing that can't be fixed.

Paint is an easy thing to restore - I say that, but so long as there aren't huge dents, bird droppings eating through the clear, deep scratches....it's easy as long as you follow the steps correctly and put the time into it that is needed. I can remember when I used to detail luxury cars back in 1992 for money in college. I did all my cars by hand.....compound as needed, cleaner, swirl remover, polish, sealer and wax. By hand! and I would do a car in the am, one in the afternoon and one in the eve. Man I sound like a gen-X complaining about how good Gen-Y has it LOL! I got a REALLY strong WAX-ON/WAX-OFF in a street fight tho :waytogo:

Back in the early 90's, I paid $1200 cash for a built 1979 Firebird that looked like complete shit on the outside. I stripped that old oxidized paint etc and BAM! When I was done with all the steps, it was like a mirror! Later sold it for $3k...and I did nothing but the paint work. I think the technology has drastically changed but the principles are still the same....and steps are much easier with Porter Cables so readily available and cheap.

B

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good!, i clayed mine for the second time last week and was amazed by how much crap had reappeared on it. did the camaro for the first time, it was horrible...

i still polish/wax mine by hand. can't wait to have the spare $ to get that PC buffer with all the rave reviews you guys have given it!

OP
OP
smyers33

smyers33

Reaction score
I plan on keeping it factory as of now. Just started college so moneys about to get tight. Ideally I'd love to get a smaller lift and some wheels and tires, tint the taillights and get some new headlights and clear corners. And thanks for the compliments. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heatemytaco