First rust bubble on 08 Yukon... what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 z71. i have one small bubble behind the rear passenger door that i am leaving alone for now. I have some worse areas just developing on the passenger rocker panel and i plan on getting into those soon. Because they are down well below the sight line. I am going to clean, cut out and replace what i have to and paint as close as i can. I do need my hood painted and got what i felt was an overpriced quote. So i may take a swing at that as well. I have a small amount of paint experience.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Ok guys I forgot to mention this the other day, Check with your local community colleges, those that have an Auto body course most likely need cars to work on, I have heard that you just need to pay for the materials as it is all student labor. just my 2 cent's

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I forgot to mention this the other day, Check with your local community colleges, those that have an Auto body course most likely need cars to work on, I have heard that you just need to pay for the materials as it is all student labor. just my 2 cent's
Excellent suggestion - Thanks!

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 z71. i have one small bubble behind the rear passenger door that i am leaving alone for now. I have some worse areas just developing on the passenger rocker panel and i plan on getting into those soon. Because they are down well below the sight line. I am going to clean, cut out and replace what i have to and paint as close as i can. I do need my hood painted and got what i felt was an overpriced quote. So i may take a swing at that as well. I have a small amount of paint experience.
Good luck! I would love to see pics as you get into it.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys ever heard of Ziebart? I live in Texas and we don't salt the roads often but my dad was a firm believer in Ziebart. He would always drive to the beach for vacations to surf fish. He had his 78 GMC done, and when he bought his new one in 90, he had it done too. The 78 didn't have any rust through and we know how bad the squarebodies rusted out back then. My son owns the 90 now and not even one little spot is peeking out.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most used car dealers have a local guy who can repair small areas like that and blend it in. Just pop into one nearby and ask them for his info or what day he shows up to service their vehicles. He would probably give you a good deal if your there the same day. Though with that said its a quick fix cause once theres rust it will come back, only a matter of time.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are going to keep it until it dies and don't care how it looks, sell it before it becomes a rust bucket. Body work will reduce resale value if the dealer figures it out. Having had a 2008 Suburban, I can tell you that the current generation is light years ahead of the prior generation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts