First post, leaking roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here, and need some help.
JUst picked up a 99 4x4 7.4L, in good general shape, no rust and 200k. Purrs like a new truck.
I have a lot of questions, and will do some search soon.
I plan to use it as a tow vehicle for my FJ40 Landcruiser on a trailer.

An immediate problem I need help with is a leaking roof. The edges of the headliner are wet, from the third seat back. Water drips from the rearmost seat belt that dangles ( rear seat out for a interior detail)

I suspect the roof rack, it has 6 or 8 feet, two screws each. Are these prone to leak?
I plan to use a clear sealer for the feet and screw heads, cause I read the captive nuts can spin with the screws when taking apart.
Any other ideas, or advice?
Thanks for the help.
Frank

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here, and need some help.
JUst picked up a 99 4x4 7.4L, in good general shape, no rust and 200k. Purrs like a new truck.
I have a lot of questions, and will do some search soon.
I plan to use it as a tow vehicle for my FJ40 Landcruiser on a trailer.

An immediate problem I need help with is a leaking roof. The edges of the headliner are wet, from the third seat back. Water drips from the rearmost seat belt that dangles ( rear seat out for a interior detail)

I suspect the roof rack, it has 6 or 8 feet, two screws each. Are these prone to leak?
I plan to use a clear sealer for the feet and screw heads, cause I read the captive nuts can spin with the screws when taking apart.
Any other ideas, or advice?
Thanks for the help.
Frank
Possible screws are broken already must take headliner down to fix I had this problem with an s-10 blazer one time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe