Finished my door pods yesterday, though you guys might enjoy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Looks like something you'd get from an audio/stereo shop.

jaxman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's awesome man. Helps give it a more modern look.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny story -- my Google Now page on my phone had a link to your reddit because i've "shown interest in chevy tahoe".

OP
OP
iTahoe

iTahoe

Reaction score
I have a Hertz 3 way. You can see the pillars here.

XlOtzQP.jpg

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so happen to be working on my own pods right now, installing a total of ten 6.5s... 2 subwoofers for midbass in front doors along with two loudspeakers. Two components in the rear doors and kick panels plus two more loudspeakers that I'm not set on a location yet.

OP I'm jealous of yours, they look sweet and you made em yourself. DIY usually comes out better but I've been too busy lately

20170602_055942.jpg

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea.. I can totally relate, it's been close to 10 years since I've had a system and I have to admit I'm overwhelmed with the selection of products now. Quality has gone up and price has gone down (with the new companies anyway). I have never changed my mind so many times lol, that's definitely making things take longer. Constantly wiring up the amps and speakers only to move it all around a few days later. Back in the day I'd just get two 12s, Wal-Mart deck and maybe a set of components for the front doors. Would take a half a day and that was it, all I could afford too!! Now I'm putting 6 inch subs in my doors that are rated like 12s & 15s in high school

But man that dash is nice! That's well beyond my fabrication skills. Would you be interested in making me one for a fee of your choice?? I've got a spare I can send you and not in a rush. I'm actually installing a 7 inch right now but I'd like to go bigger. Not as big as yours tho, don't wanna lose that AC vent in south Louisiana! Most I'd be willing to do is relocate the AC controls

If you're not interested no hard feelings but I would be willing to pay, I really like how it's all flat and the little groove is gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts