Finished a couple of improvements ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordGeek

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhmm .. this setup only requires taking it off an cleaning (maybe once or twice a month depending on driving conditions) in which I blow it out with forced air and clean with water !!! There is no mention about using oils with this kit.

OP
OP
LordGeek

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be a BIG YES ...

I have noticed the performance/gas difference since adding the exhaust .. however, the CAI also plays a part in that to.

The next thing I will be looking at is the BlackBear Tune.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
thats interesting, you have a link to that CAI kit? I have never heard of a K&N kit that didn't require oil. I was a huge K&N fan my whole life, always had the filter charger kits...

oh yuea and dont wait on that BB Tune, you cannot imagine how happy you will be afterwords

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
hmmm, i was trying to find where it says it doesn't require oil like the other K&N products. Please read all the service manuals that came with your kit to be certain, i would hate to hear of someone doing large amounts of damage to their truck.

Also, when you finally get your BB tune, you are going to wonder why you waited so long

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some of the new AEMs don't require an oil recharge either, they are "dry filters".

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K&N States

4. K&N suggests checking the Air Filter element
periodically for excessive dirt build-up.
When the element becomes covered in dirt
(or once a year), service it according to the
instructions on the Recharger service kit, part
number 99-5050 or 99-5000.

According to that is does need oiled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck 2015 Tahoe