finally got the lift done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VABURB

Reaction score
Added some pics not best quality but shows the parts installed and what it looks like got 33x12.5x20 toyo open country at2 getting put on same rims this saturday. Right now it has 285x50x20

Ebay keys
Front +1 hd sway bar links
Rear +1 jeep sway bar links
Bilstein 5100 all around

20171114_153846.jpg 20171114_153825.jpg 20171114_153756.jpg

Last edited:

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy UPPER CONTROL ARMS!

What down-travel??

That is seriously good work but your front suspension is still very limited. You might want to look into clearancing that part of the frame or upgrading the UCAs to the Cognitos model pretty quick. 1 minor detail would be installing the Z71 model jounce and then Amazon buttons bolted to the lower CA to bridge the distance; This should improve the handling/driveability factor considerably while (even more importantly) preventing frequent episodes of that UCA-to-frame contact under normal driving conditions.
Great selection of parts and a thorough install. Limiting straps could be another short-term or quick&easy answer for the UCA issue.

Last edited:

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I missed that one, Chubbs... The UCA is literally on the bump stops!

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@zraffz

I gotta admit he did such a d@mn good parts upgrade that it distracts from the more important suspension & driveline geometries as a result. I am keenly aware as I also upgraded the torsion bar keys not long ago & simply leveling the front up to the stock-height rear end reduces that front UCA distance to the frame almost scary like. I was originally trying to go 1/2-inch higher than what my truck currently sits but it's just not worth it. The factory doesn't give you anything to work with as you have to get a taller spindle in there to lift the truck without fu{king anything up.

OP
OP
VABURB

VABURB

Reaction score
Wow good eye Chubbs I was so distracted by all the work i didnt even pay attention to that and even crazier i put the new 33x12.5 tires on and nobody said a thing after the alignment was done. I just went out and checked and i have 1/2" between UCA and bump stop . Its a z71 thinking new UCA but will research all the ideas you posted thank you for the great advice. Im starting to wonder how many people have done this lift and dont even realize this happens.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow good eye Chubbs I was so distracted by all the work i didnt even pay attention to that and even crazier i put the new 33x12.5 tires on and nobody said a thing after the alignment was done. I just went out and checked and i have 1/2" between UCA and bump stop . Its a z71 thinking new UCA but will research all the ideas you posted thank you for the great advice. Im starting to wonder how many people have done this lift and dont even realize this happens.
im at about 1/2 an inch too. havent heard the uca hit the bump stops yet and it still rides good. what are limiting straps?

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Cognito arms are very nice. Put them on my 2000 Suburban when I put keys in 2.5 years ago. Haven’t had any problems, aligns easy, fixed the ball joint angle, and gave a little more down travel. I will say they are more for correcting the ball joint angle and not so much to add down travel. But the peace of mind knowing I have them and my ball joints are ok and when I upgrade to a bigger lift I already have UCA to go with it made it worth it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon