Fender flares / lower body paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall think mine would look good with the bottom done silver? dont really want black. i go in woods a lot and im getting scratches on my drivers side bottom rockers and i need to push out dent on passenger door . and i got a dent in back corner from the bumper so i need to paint that before rust starts too anyways. which would be a good silver diy bedliner?

I think silver or maybe a lighter color grey would be good, the metallic colors have always given me problems getting even coverage and comes out splotchy looking. If you got the tintable stuff you could make it whatever color you wanted though. Supposedly the tintable comes with a grayish tint so whatever paint you add will be lighter when sprayed so a perfect colormatch may be a PITA. The only thing that concerns me with the black is it turning white and chalky looking, but it supposedly holds up pretty good.

I installed my Bushwacker OEM style flares a few weeks ago, but I just got around to taking some pictures today:

HPIM4374.jpg

I think I need some larger tires.....the 31x10.50 tires look too small in the wheel wells now.

Of course a mild lift would be nice too....

I still need to finish pulling the lower moldings off.

Casey

Those look good on there, some 285's or 295's would look perfect IMO

Been doing some more searching on this and found the U-pol kits for $99 here
http://www.tptools.com/p/2600,233_U-Pol-Raptor-Truck-Bed-Liner-Kit.html

and a couple videos for anyone else interested, looks like spraying it at 65 psi makes for better coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDpYIT6VkA 65 psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3UI2LzZvG0 40 psi

1goodarrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is somewhat related, i put Bondo Truck guard on my front and back bumpers, plus on my side steps. i have a black 02 z71 tahoe and the work looks good. I chose the Bondo brand because it is a high gloss. I will post pics when possible. If I did not have side rocker panel trim, I would use the bondo truck guard on my rocker panels also.

I got quotes for a high gloss bedliner and they were high. The bondo kit is about 130.

ccvikes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i put it on my hoe and i think it looks good and it has made areas that usually get scratched to shit protected

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Men, Men, Men, I'd call you ladies but I know you're not because you bought Chevy's and not Fords.

I am the pioneer of herculining the rockers. I love it. I have done it on two tahoe's now. Check my pics. I have even done the door sills now. Absolutely Love it. I did all of it with one quart. If you throw in the bumper, or tailgate you are gonna need more. I must say though, you have to have a knack and an eye for getting this stuff right. But mine lasted two years on the first truck and only faded a bit. And it was parked on 120 degree plus parking lots in the summer and 2 feet of snow in the winter. Faded a little even with the UV. but i kind of prefer the faded look opposed to the shiny. and you can always paint it with semi gloss just to touch it up.

The torando took the first truck I did it on. But it didnt tear the herculiner. This stuff is Kountry tough! I like it a lot.

Attachments

• 9 (3).jpg
    9 (3).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 5 (4).jpg
    photo 5 (4).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 17 (3).jpg
    17 (3).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39

Forum statistics

Threads