feeling knocking or rattling through steer column 04 Tahoe. 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dixieman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I checked the knuckle at the end of the steering shaft, a little movement but not enough to make me think that is the problem. Seems to lessen after driving a while. Front shocks are very worn. Feels and sounds like it is on the drivers side. Anybody familiar with this.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you may have solved this yourself. If your shocks are done then they no longer provide any dampening but start to enhance the vibrations which in turn could be your issue.

OP
OP
D

Dixieman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well you may have solved this yourself. If your shocks are done then they no longer provide any dampening but start to enhance the vibrations which inlem turn could be your issue.
ND THEN

Just found a thread last nite about the intermediate steer shaft wearing out being a common problem.

Gonna replace shocks since i need to do anyway and then steer shaft if necessary.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
ND THEN

Just found a thread last nite about the intermediate steer shaft wearing out being a common problem.

Gonna replace shocks since i need to do anyway and then steer shaft if necessary.
Almost always is the steering shaft if felt in the steering wheel very common i did mine already.Dealer i bought it from was convinced it was the pitman arm they were stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17