FASTEST TAHOE IN OKC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do either of these comments have to do with this thread? This isn't titled " tell us why you don't want a fast SUV" or " I like to go slow, who's with me ?" I mean, come on you two! Lol.
Great idea for a thread btw..lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The motto for our race Buicks was "Going Fast With Class!" or something like that! You can have a fast vehicle that you can start and drive across country and has a comfortable and quiet cabin. We did it thirty plus years ago with sedans and can easily do it with these here trucks today.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so fast. That car can run 12s on the track AND on the street. I used to routinely dust 10 second Mustangs with my street GNs and never got beat by a drag bike without his wheelie bars either with our drag GNs on the street. I know I've been out of racing for a couple decades but until that time the G-body platform was second to none for a street car drag racing platform. My stock appearing GN would do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds from idle on the dirtiest paved road anywhere in South Florida back then. We used to cruise through the Boca Raton parking lots of the clubs and draw out the 959s, Diablos and crotch rockets and lay waste to them all. We made sport out of getting those 959s to launch from standstill and one after another dump their tranmissions all over Palmetto Park Road! Man we were so cocky back then, we hardly ever got beat!

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many fellas on here still have them. I miss them but no garage to put one in presently. Ours is too full of stuff. My girls want me to buy them each one! They wear my old GN t-shirts, do y'all remember those?

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
To the original Op sounds like you did alot of good work on your ride should be 50-100 horsepower more than stock.I dont know about the fastest their is always someone faster-but good job none the less.I used to have a t -type and loved my buick until i got an old vett, and hand built it 28 yrs ago and still have it.Now my car did and still does 1.5 60 ft no problem and runs a little slower than the new demon coming out.I cant believe they make a 9.65 stock production car now.

my pics 014.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs