Fan groaning in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my new too me 2010 yuk already has a gremlin.

When the Fan turns on it seems to have a groan / vibration up under the dash seems to come from around the passenger side airbag.

What’s involved in replacing it?

Definitely can’t let this go as it’s really irritating when fan starts making the noise as it comes and goes.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely one of two things, either the fan motor is going bad and the bearings or something is groaning, or else you have some leaves, trash, or other debris caught in the fan blower blades/squirrel cage. Only way to find out will be to take apart the lower dash and pull the fan out. If it's full of trash, clean it out really good and put it all back together. Then try it again to see if the noise is gone. If it is NOT gone, or if there was no trash/debris in the fan at all to begin with then I would probably go ahead and replace the fan. Another thing to check is try spinning the fan by hand once you have it removed. If you hear or feel ANY resistance or noise at all then go ahead and replace it with a new one.

OP
OP
J

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer replaced the blower motor the bearing went.

Way to annoying to let it go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu