False Advertising?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of false advertising. I took a trip into the hood to check out some rims , in addition to the rims the guy had a square body caprice. Another guy was looking at that. The caprice was running, rough. Water pouring out the tailpipe. The seller told the guy " thats how you know its fast". I dont mean condensation, i mean POURING.......buyer beware i guess.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Speaking of false advertising. I took a trip into the hood to check out some rims , in addition to the rims the guy had a square body caprice. Another guy was looking at that. The caprice was running, rough. Water pouring out the tailpipe. The seller told the guy " thats how you know its fast". I dont mean condensation, i mean POURING.......buyer beware i guess.
I wonder what his logic was thinking that?

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the first time ive heard someone say it. a very URBAN myth

OP
OP
K

KARooke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it an online ad that you could post a link? Bottom line is this Tahoe came with a 5.3. No Tahoe came with a 6.0 of any variety. If they say this Tahoe has a 6.0 (Vortec Max or not) and that it's the stock motor, they're lying/mistaken/"mis-speaking"/etc. It's either been swapped or just an engine cover or door badges that someone put on it. If it' a swap and it looks factory-original (which is easy to do since it's practically a direct bolt-in) and it as well as the rest of the Tahoe checks out ok, maybe you could use the swap as leverage for a better deal, citing that the engine is not original and has unknown mileage and condition.

It's on their Facebook as a video ad, but not their actual website which I also found kind of odd but whatever. I found another one nearby asking similar price and it's loaded with leather and the DVD option that I'm gonna look at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14