Factory Rear DVD Player Not Working - 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04envy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new Tahoe owner and this is my first post. I've been going through and fixing broken stuff from the previous owner and now I'm trying to figure out why my factory Panasonic DVD player doesn't work. Relevant info:

1) When I insert a disc, the screen stays black. The power button blinks. I don't have any audio or video. I do have the original headsets and remote.
2) Tahoe has an aftermarket CD player. I'm not sure if this ties into the functionality of the DVD player or not.

I searched but couldn't find anything. Not sure where to start - all help is appreciated!

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Could be the screen, that is what was wrong with mine but i had audio, id check to see if you have the right wiring harness for that head unit to work with your stock dvd system. Only thing i can think of unless the actual dvd unit is no good, you can get replacement screens and dvd units on eBay.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it switch to aux input? When mine died, I pulled a complete set, screen, DVD drive and mount, from local wreaking yard for 40 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14