Factory Alarm issue (has Viper remote start no remote)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KR66

Reaction score
I'm not sure we're to Start? This problem has me scratching my head, so here goes, my 01 YUKON has a strange glitch the factory alarm has gone off twice that I know of in the past year, it was false, the door locks will sometimes pulse and the hatch open light will also pulse while driving ( if I open and close the hatch it stops) bumps and incline seems to have a affect on this until I reclose the hatch, I can't find anything wrong, it has a Viper remote start but no remote (the dealer that sold it to me didn't know if was there) the only thing I changed was to activate the auto door locks (they were disabled when I got it) can something in the BCM or harness be causing the locks to pulse while driving I am baffled as to why the locks do this, I understand the hatch warning light but that shouldn't cause the locks to pulse (should it?) If this happens while parked maybe it sets off the alarm it thinks the hatch was opened without a key or remote? It doesn't happen enough to track it down but I'm worried it will wake my neibours at 4 am, I live full-time in a RV park and it's very quiet here fortunately this happened at 8am this time , I don't want to leave my doors unlocked, I have a Glock in the console can't afford a. Curious child getting access to it. There does not seem to be a way to disabled the factory alarm becides disconectiñg the Horn

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KR66

Reaction score
There is a 555l bypass module installed I don't think this could cause this issue but again it's aftermarket and was pre installed, could the Viper be causing a conflict with the factory system? The only thing still wrong with the Yukon that wasn't fixed since I purchased it is a SRS issue someone cut the lead on the back of the instrument cluster to disabled the SRS Light, it throws a code for the SRS but I haven't tracked it down yet

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a number of things from an intermittent ground to a faulty circuit in the BCM. It definitely sounds like a fault with the OEM components and nothing to do with the Viper. It happening when the car is being moved (bumps, etc.) tells me it's a physical issue (intermittent circuit/cracked solder joint, etc.) and not scrambled electronics. Turn the key on (don't have to start it) and tap on the BCM and gently, but sharply shake wires under the dash, particularly near connectors. Work you way out and stop when the locks and/or rear hatch activate. Maybe try tapping/shaking the remote keyless entry module and it's extenuating wiring.

Did all of this start after you enabled the auto door locks? If the other tests return nothing, then disable the auto locks and see if if never happens again.

I believe you can have the factory security system disabled by having the BCM and/or PCM reprogrammed with a TechII. This may or may not disable the OEM RKE (Remote Keyless Entry).

OP
OP
K

KR66

Reaction score
Could be a number of things from an intermittent ground to a faulty circuit in the BCM. It definitely sounds like a fault with the OEM components and nothing to do with the Viper. It happening when the car is being moved (bumps, etc.) tells me it's a physical issue (intermittent circuit/cracked solder joint, etc.) and not scrambled electronics. Turn the key on (don't have to start it) and tap on the BCM and gently, but sharply shake wires under the dash, particularly near connectors. Work you way out and stop when the locks and/or rear hatch activate. Maybe try tapping/shaking the remote keyless entry module and it's extenuating wiring.

Did all of this start after you enabled the auto door locks? If the other tests return nothing, then disable the auto locks and see if if never happens again.

I believe you can have the factory security system disabled by having the BCM and/or PCM reprogrammed with a TechII. This may or may not disable the OEM RKE (Remote Keyless Entry).
It only happens when the auto lock is enabled I do think I found the cause the cargo net is rolled up on one side I sometimes gets a little caught in the door I think it may have been stopping the passenger side latch from catching completely? It hasn't happened since I completely removed the cargo net.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu