Fabtech sway bar link question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97hoeby4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 01 Tahoe with a 6" fabtech lift. The truck has auto ride(doesnt matter in this case) What I'm asking is does anyone know the part numbers for the fabtech sway bar link bushings? I bought stock bushings thinking they might fit in the front but are not as big as the fabtech ones. I also need rear. I found some fabtech ones on amazon but they have no description as to what they go to and bad reviews of not getting what's pictured. I bought the truck with the lift so I'm not sure of the lifts part number either.

20hoe3

Reaction score
All part #'s are on Fabtech's website. Just download PDF files. I just replaced the rear Sway Bar link Bushings part# FT1004.

I ordered them in person at 4wheelparts in Compton, CA. They sell them in individual halves. So you will need to technically buy 8 if you want to replace all four rear bushings. Note: 4wheelparts goes off part# FABFTS1004. Put this part number on there website it should pop up.

As far as the front sway bar link bushings. Part# FT90084

OP
OP
97hoeby4

97hoeby4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. I found the part number but like you said they're sold in individual pieces. Each one is $25.00 so I need to spend $200 alone just replacing the front sway bar link bushings which is ridiculous. I think I'll just make the stock bushings that I bought work. Or find different sway bar links.

OP
OP
97hoeby4

97hoeby4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All part #'s are on Fabtech's website. Just download PDF files. I just replaced the rear Sway Bar link Bushings part# FT1004.

I ordered them in person at 4wheelparts in Compton, CA. They sell them in individual halves. So you will need to technically buy 8 if you want to replace all four rear bushings. Note: 4wheelparts goes off part# FABFTS1004. Put this part number on there website it should pop up.

As far as the front sway bar link bushings. Part# FT90084
By any chance do you have any noise coming from your rear sway bar going over bumps? I get an annoying clicking noise from the rear and can only see it being the sway bar. With the aftermarket links the bolt doesn't fit snug enough and moves around up and down causing the noise I think. My sisters 03 Tahoe with a rough country 6" does the same thing.

20hoe3

Reaction score
By any chance do you have any noise coming from your rear sway bar going over bumps? I get an annoying clicking noise from the rear and can only see it being the sway bar. With the aftermarket links the bolt doesn't fit snug enough and moves around up and down causing the noise I think. My sisters 03 Tahoe with a rough country 6" does the same thing.

I tried seeing where you found that part #FTS1126. You have a 2001 Tahoe 4wd or 2wd with autoride? It really shouldnt matter for front.... however the part# you found is a "Bushing replacement KIT" so that should be all 8 bushings. Best thing is to call 4wheelparts or fabtech directly and verify the quanity in kit and part #'s. You wont have to spend $200. Thats way to much!

I bought front sway bar links awhile back. And it came with both links, hardware and bushings. If i remeber correctly it was around $60-$70 from 4 wheel parts.

Then I replaced the rear bushings only. That was around $32 just for just the bushings.

Give them a call. they will set you up correctly.

As far as the hardware for the rear sway bar links. Fabtech says replace bottom bolts with a 10.9 grade or grade 8 bolt. Use factory bolts for top of rear sway bar links.

• 12MM-1.75 X 70MM Hex Bolt

• 12MM-1.75 Nylock Nut

• and washer.

20hoe3

Reaction score
By the way I had to get the bolts from a hardware store. Just ensure its the correct grade bolts. 4wheelparts did not sell hardware. You can also buy online for correct hardware.

OP
OP
97hoeby4

97hoeby4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck is a 4x4 with autoride. I read the reviews on the part number and it is labeled as a kit so I thought it would contain all the bushings for the front. Other customers claimed to only receive one bushing and none of the ones I found online had a decent description. I found some bushings that will work perfect and yes I think I need to find the correct bolts for the bottom of the rear links. I think they just have a little play. I might just weld a nut to the sway bar so the bolts won't move. Anyway I think I've got all this figured out now. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442