Exterior Front Door Upper Trim falling off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCYukon

Reaction score
Just dropped off my 2015i Yukon Denali at the dealer to see what is going on with both front doors having the exterior trim falling off.

I noticed a whistling sound driving over the weekend and looked in the mirror and saw the trim flapping in the breeze on both sides.

Dealer says that the parts are broken and will have to order new parts, but seems crazy that both sides would just come loose. Anyone else had this issue?

2016-09-01 10.39.10.jpg 2016-09-01 10.39.14(1).jpg 2016-09-05 11.54.52.jpg

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my Yukon off this morning for this exact reason. Dealership called me and tells me GM factory bumper-to-bumper warranty will not cover this, and they want $900 to fix it. Im pissed. I am on the phone right now with GM customer service.

14237760_1174319362626215_8806979680801543513_n.jpg

OP
OP
DCYukon

DCYukon

Reaction score
Service Rep said mine was under warranty and the parts should be in tomorrow. I will share any paperwork I get back but mine is being covered under warranty...so far.

OP
OP
DCYukon

DCYukon

Reaction score
Paperwork didn't have anything on it other than N/C next to the fix. Dealer replaced at no cost the part and installed it.

barrett20au

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did this on the driver's side front window. I figured I'd avoid the dealership hassle and try to fix on my own first. Used some 3M auto tape and haven't had a problem since.

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine are on order. Dealer said they are covered under my CPO and/or factory warranty. I would suggest sending a PM to GM forum member Brandon. He is very responsive to messages and will usually get back to you within a day. I had a 2nd row DVD screen that was not working on my 2015 Denali which I bought CPO 4 months ago. Did not check the screen when I bought the vehicle. Brandon contacted the dealer and verified the work was done and followed up with me afterwards to make sure I was satisfied. GM customer service was GOOD to me!

Sandy M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took mine in for same reason on 10/5/16. It was the back door ones. It was not covered under warranty because I was over the $36,000. They originally wanted to charge me $250 per door. After complaining and speaking with the manager, I got them fixed with only paying $50. I am noticing when I tap them they make a noise. They are coming lose again. And to add to that... my driver side door trim just separated! Calling the manager again to get them fixed. What a hassle. Poor design and poor quality.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My short Denali is back in again for the same issue. This is the third time my same truck is back in again for this. My Denali XL had the same issue also

cbuckeye20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did this on the driver's side front window. I figured I'd avoid the dealership hassle and try to fix on my own first. Used some 3M auto tape and haven't had a problem since.

barrett, I'm having the same issue and looking to repair on my own. Mine are coming off at the top and still feel pretty secure on the bottom

Was there any trick to fully removing the panels or just a matter of slowly pulling away and removing the tape that is left on them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9