Exhaust fitment? Denali to Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a factory exhaust from a 6.2 denali or escalade bolt up to a Tahoe 5.3? It sounds better and is larger.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. Does the Esky or Denali have a dual inlet muffler?
If it is a single in, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I cant see GM changing the hanger location for the luxury models. Though weirder things have happened :)

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. Does the Esky or Denali have a dual inlet muffler?
If it is a single in, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I cant see GM changing the hanger location for the luxury models. Though weirder things have happened :)

I have both and did some looking, the escalade is definitely bigger diameter but other than that it looks the same. I think all it would need is an adapter to bolt up to the manifolds.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both and did some looking, the escalade is definitely bigger diameter but other than that it looks the same. I think all it would need is an adapter to bolt up to the manifolds.

That was easy :). Yes, I think its a 3" system on the 6/6.2s.
Cut the two bolt flange and buy a 2.5" to 3" transition cut to fit and welder up.
That's what I'm going to have to do when I do my exhaust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic