EVAP issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loss4wrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the wife's 04
So I keep getting EVAP codes on this thing and I can't figure it out.
I have had P0442, P0455, and P0446 codes randomly show up.

I have replaced both the vent and purge solenoids and the gas cap. Each time the code will go away for anywhere between a few minutes to a few weeks of driving but always comes back on within 5000mi with one or more of the codes listed above.

Truck has the 5.3 flex motor and my wife is pretty random on using E85, and she almost never gets a full tank of gas anywhere if that matters.

OP
OP
L

Loss4wrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone had EVAP issues? Did you do anything diffrent to fix?

OP
OP
L

Loss4wrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks like the only part left to replace is the charcoal canister. Where is that located on these trucks?

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just recently received the P0440 code as well which is EVAP system malfunction so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the system consisted of the solenoid, vent hose and canister. Is there more?

main components are canister with active charcoal filter which absorbs fuel vapours from tank, purge valve (controlled by PCM), vent valve (controlled by PCM).

You make have a leak in the system or the fuel tank pressure sensor is NFG.

Always check the hoses first, a damaged or missing hose is the most likely cause of a malfunctioning evap system and than the Charcoal canister is next. Also check all related fuses.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yolo33