Escalades having the same issues ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the exact specs. But I know with the previous generations of suvs the Cadillacs have always been tuned differently and ran some different under the hood parts. I'd have to research that on the new ones to be sure though.

The engine and transmission, including gearing, output, HP etc are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ajs800 , yeah that's correct. The adjustable suspension is specific to the escalade where as the denali does not have that. It's pretty cool too.
No, the Tahoe/Suburban Premier (LTZ), Yukon Denali and Escalade all share the same suspension. They are all equipped with MRC (magnetic ride control).

The Cadillac forums have just as many unhappy people, if not more, than there are here.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the Tahoe/Suburban Premier (LTZ), Yukon Denali and Escalade all share the same suspension. They are all equipped with MRC (magnetic ride control).

The Cadillac forums have just as many unhappy people, if not more, than there are here.

Nope. The caddy does have MRC but it also has adjustable modes that change suspension firmness, shift points, and I believe steering unlike the denali and LTZ. IMO, it's cool but probably pointless for such a large SUV but is an additional option exclusively to the caddy.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes the ltz package tahoe/suburban, and denali package Yukons have magnetic ride control, but it's not adjustable with different modes. Only the caddy has the adjustable modes. I still it's cool. We live in the mountains and putting it into sport mode to stiffen the shocks makes its alot smoother and quite a bit less body roll to go around the windy roads going up and down the mountain. And on the other point, I wasn't saying that the escalades don't have the issues too. I'm sure the caddilac forums have just as many owners that are unsatisfied as well. What my point was, is that just like there are tahoe/yukon owners here that are happy with their rigs and are issue free, there are escalades that are trouble free too. And I know it first hand because like I said earlier, my best friends parents have a 15 esv that hasn't had a single problem maintenance wise. I detail it all the time and get to ride in it and it's a pretty cool rig. That's all I was saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17