Escalades having the same issues ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 16' escalade esv, and no buffering.. I also had a 2016 suburban ltz (that i traded in for the escalade and, also no buffering.. i have 2 friends,, (one with a 2015 suburban ltz and the other with a 2015 escalade esv,, both cars have in the 50k miles range now and no buffering for either of them...I do not doubt that some of these vehicles may have that problem but i would guess and say its a very small percentage.,

I'd also say that some people never experience the vibration because they never go 80mph.

Have a buddy that has the buffeting but never even mentioned it until I asked him if his truck ever sounded like one of the rear windows was open. All of sudden he was like 'oh yeah!! Never really bothered me but yes!'

It does seem like the LWB vehicles experience it less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigboychi

Reaction score
My neighbor bought a 2016 Escalade and sold it after 6 months. According to him the Escalade was fine in the beginning and then developed the vibration and buffeting that the Yukon and Tahoe have. The caddy dealer couldn't fix it and said it was normal so he dumped it for a Benz. Said it cost him $90K and took a big loss on the trade. Also stated that it was the worst vehicle he ever bought.
My same story. Dumped my 2015 for a benz..better over all warranty

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'16 Escalade, only issues are related to the adaptive cruise control. I've noticed a clunking noise recently from the driver front. Will get it looked at when I take it in for service next.

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'15 Escalade with 25k miles I've owned since new and the only issues ive had are electrical gremlins. Cruise control stopped working, driver assist system had to be fixed, and CUE gives me grief from time to time. All fixed under warranty. Other than that it's been fantastic. Love this truck!

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'15 Escalade with 25k miles I've owned since new and the only issues ive had are electrical gremlins. Cruise control stopped working, driver assist system had to be fixed, and CUE gives me grief from time to time. All fixed under warranty. Other than that it's been fantastic. Love this truck!

Would you happen to know how to stop the heated drivers seat from being activated everything i turn on the car? Or is that not a feature, and it's some malfunction?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've read alot about alot of owners having issues across all 3 of the full size platforms. I'd say it's more common. As to the OP's comment on the yukon denali being the same as the escalade that isn't quite true. They share the same engine and transmission platform and many of the same optioned features but alot is different in many areas. Under the hood and body, engine specifics. Anyways there are eskys out there that don't have any issues. My best friend's parents have a 2015 esv with a little over 15k on it now. I spend alot of time detailing it quite often for them, and have gone on many trips in it with them. Theirs doesn't have any of the gnarly issues I've read about. No buffeting or vibrating any speeds. Theirs doesn't have the V4 mode so no issues there. No 4WD issues and it rides very well, like a caddy, like it should. In fact the first time it's getting work done on it aside from standard maintenance, is its getting a new front bumper. She got ran into in a snowstorm on Christmas eve day when someone lost control, spun around and hit her front bumper and took some paint off and broke the fog light housing mount. So it's getting a bumper and fog light replaced. Nothing major. So there are the rides out there with no problems. You just have to know how to create circumstances where the issues would present themselves on a test drive and find the rig that doesn't present the issues.

Last edited:

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've read alot about alot of owners having issues across all 3 of the full size platforms. I'd say it's more common. As to the OP's comment on the yukon denali being the same as the escalade that isn't quite true. They share the same engine and transmission platform and many of the same optioned features but alot is different in many areas. Under the hood and body, engine specifics. Anyways there are eskys out there that don't have any issues. My best friend's parents have a 2015 esv with a little over 15k on it now. I spend alot of time detailing it quite often for them, and have gone on many trips in it with them. Theirs doesn't have any of the gnarly issues I've read about. No buffeting or vibrating any speeds. Theirs doesn't have the V4 mode so no issues there. No 4WD issues and it rides very well, like a caddy, like it should. In fact the first time it's getting work done on it this week aside from standard maintenance is its getting a new front bumper. She got ran into in a snowstorm on Christmas eve day when someone lost control, spun around and hit her front bumper and took some paint off and broke the fog light housing mount. So it's getting a bumper and fog light replaced. Nothing major. So there are the rides out there with no problems. You just have to know how to create circumstances where the issues would present themselves on a test drive and find the rig that doesn't present the issues.

What is different about the engine's specs on the escalade in comparison to the denali?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is different about the engine's specs on the escalade in comparison to the denali?
I'm not sure on the exact specs. But I know with the previous generations of suvs the Cadillacs have always been tuned differently and ran some different under the hood parts. I'd have to research that on the new ones to be sure though.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a huge item given we're talking a large suv but the escalade also has "sport tuned" adjustable suspension.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the exact specs. But I know with the previous generations of suvs the Cadillacs have always been tuned differently and ran some different under the hood parts. I'd have to research that on the new ones to be sure though.

The engines and trans (including gearing) are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep