Escalade Vs Denali Vs Tahoe Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kelracing33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newb here, first chevy I've ever owned so bare with me. My 04 Z71 is showing the stepper issue, my question is if I wanted to go to the SS style white face with temp gauge, can I buy new and turn in my old one as core or will there be an issue that mine is not an SS silverado? I have seen some places require vin, odo, and hour numbers to purchase new clusters, I figure if I have convinced my lady to purchase a new one I might as well get what I want. I tried searching for the answer but keywords of "gauge cluster" didn't lead me to a straight answer. Thanks for any help.

FarFromStock

Reaction score
When I changed my gauges to white escalade style and did the Green LED backlight conversion I ordered US Speedo parts. Check out their website http://www.usspeedo.com/ they have a lot of different options for the look without having to purchase the entire cluster to achieve some of the looks everyone on here is talking about. (I would search around places like Summit, CarID, and Stylintrucks to see who has the best prices) The parts worked well and seem to be made well, however the customer service is pretty bad. I ordered Green and got blue LEDs for my HVAC controls. Kind of dumb if all other lights are ordered Green that I might want my AC backlit in blue lol. Once I got all the correct parts all worked well and install was pretty easy.

LED backlighting is not hard but it takes time as you have to solider the LEDS on the board. As far as the gauges go you literally just have to remove the cluster from the truck, take the needles off with a needle puller tool or a fork works too. You can then swap the gauge face out and put the new needles on. I took photos of my gauges before I pulled the needles and aligned based on the photos. They do self align a bit also when you put them back on. You can feel the stepper motors resistance.

White Gauge faces with Stock Tahoe rings
upload_2016-9-21_17-26-20.png

White Gauge faces with Chrome Esky rings
upload_2016-9-21_17-29-23.png

JustinToolbox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm either gonna do the denali cluster with the esky rings an blue or purple leds , or do the esky cluster with blue or purple leds for my 04 Yukon , I found a guy that does it all for cheap . after I do my cluster , I will be doing all buttons an switches the same color leds as my cluster .
Just finished installing courtesy lights in my rear doors , next is to fix the led dome light dimming issue , then my cluster .

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered this from fixmygauges.com and installed it today. I love it! Carbon Fiber overlay with blue LEDs and needles.

medium800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094