Escalade Tail Light Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did the swap last week on my 08 Yukon. Everything worked perfect. Until I was driving behind my truck one day and noticed the turn signals on the esky tail light and my dl3 mirror don't match up only when the brake is pressed. So if the brake is pressed the blinking is opposite but as soon as I left off the brake they sync back up and everything is fine. Is this normal? The turn signal clicker inside the truck still clicks just like normal.

Mine does this too. It's normal :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of these Eagle Eyes?

Eagle Eye's make G4's and G5's. The G4's match the tahoe rear vent appliqué and the G5's are escalade replica tails that match the escalade rear vent appliqué. I had both on my tahoe. here are the pics:

G4:
tail2.jpg
latest1.jpg
latest4.jpg

G5:
G5-1.jpg
LEDReverse1.jpg
G5-2.jpg

flrmat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice write up. Where is the best place to find escalade taillights and those Hopkins converters? Thanks for any info.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice write up. Where is the best place to find escalade taillights and those Hopkins converters? Thanks for any info.

Taillights = eBay, Craigslist or junkyards

east1la

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Eagle Eye's make G4's and G5's. The G4's match the tahoe rear vent appliqué and the G5's are escalade replica tails that match the escalade rear vent appliqué. I had both on my tahoe. here are the pics:

G4:
tail2.jpg
latest1.jpg
latest4.jpg

G5:
G5-1.jpg
LEDReverse1.jpg
G5-2.jpg

thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tony Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year and model Cadillac were the tailights from? I have a 2010 Tahoe.

Thanks

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the flash patter between the G4 & G5? Ive been told they are the same but the LED's on the G4 around the outer most portion of the light are different than the G5. The G5 single-row of LED's on the edge of the light seem to be more defined, whereas the G4 LED's are all bunched together.
The outer row of LEDs on the G5 are what light up when your lights are on at night, then you brake and whole light will light up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9